Thread: The Antler Man

Default The Antler Man

I swear, if this don't make you swoon then there is something mortally wrong with you. Enjoy.

http://antlerman.com/index.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Wow think about how many knife handles that collection would make
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Very cool, could make a lot of knife scales with all of those.

One of the bigger one on the "old pictures" section, he says he found one side one year, and one side the following year, as they are brown and white but match up.
    I didn't know they would last that long?????

Cool site, Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

When I take hikes at the NASA center by me I find a ton of sheds as there is no hunting on the land and the herds are very thick and not disturbed. Use to be called Glenn Research Center near the Cleveland Hopkins Airport, not sure what it is called now. I usually traded the sheds away for other stuff I needed. The same goes for Ravenna Arsenal in Revenna Ohio, you join the Sportsmans Club there and you are allowed to hike and fish there as well as be on top of the stack for hunting lotteries. I would imagine most federal lands would have a lot of sheds. Here it is mostly white-tail deer though.

I confess...there's something mortally wrong with me.
    But you suspected that anyway, and now you know.

They were all found, B. He didn't kill all those. Those are all sheds that he picked up in the woods.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    They were all found, B. He didn't kill all those. Those are all sheds that he picked up in the woods.
    Well then, that's fine. I've always liked antler chandeliers and other stuff made with shed antlers.
    It's those mounted heads that give me pause. I could never understand that since I can remember. (3yrs old?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Not all sheds, he did say that he had killed some and related the stories behind it some of the bigger ones.

I wonder if he ever found a piece of antler that had broken off and found and put it back on a rack that had been shot....the fall before?

Not for everyone, B
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That's just a little excessive. Kinda like me and comic books ages ago before I went all digital with them.

I'm weird, I hate owning lots of crap.

Lot's of crap is good if you have a big garden. Not so good dishin' it out but better than takin' it I guess.

An impressive collection. That could fill a fella's project list for a long time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Talk about racks that guy got 15,000.. one lucky man