Thread: Hello, From San Antonio, TX

Default Hello, From San Antonio, TX

Hello there, I'm looking for useful information all the time. I am planning to live off off-grid here in 2 months for decolonization purposes. I will be part of a community of like minded believers (like the plains people) and don't plan to do this in a Lone Ranger fashion. I am looking for simple and practical means that were used pre-Industrial revolution.
    My parents escaped from Romania to America in 1982. They have now become colonized into american consumerism. I am trying to learn as much as I can from their early lifestyle in Romania which did not consist of all the luxuries that we know today. Electricity, plumbed water directly to your faucets, grocery stores filled with all sorts of foods all year around, etc..

Example: My first post was in "how to make a toothbrush", as I was curious how the peoples before me took care of their teeth before toothbrushes. My mind is directed towards this type of thinking. How to utilize all the resources around you to their most useful purposes. My generation is lost in consumerism. I would like to stop consuming and start producing.

I will do my best to participate where and how I can.

Contra Mundum

Howdy. Welcome aboard
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome........

Blog Entries

Hello.......
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Welcome on in
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Welcome home. Just keep in mind that our consumerism today is, for the most part, the product of earlier folks trying to get away from a very tough and difficult lifestyle. They were looking for ways to do the same job easier/smarter.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hello and welcome. Keep in mind that your parents had to escape to enjoy the freedoms they do today (I disagree with the picture you paint of colonization - but that's OK). Good luck with your journey.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hello and welcome!

Banned

How Do from So Cal

Hunter63, saying, Hey, and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome to the forum.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Thank you all, I appreciate it.

Welcome! Well you may be in for a rough time. However I am personally glad that there are people in my area that do not rely on the "New fangled" trappings of "Consumerism" as you call it. (Mostly Amish Communities) It is somewhat reassuring to know that there are Some that know how to do it the "Old Fashioned" way nearby, in case of some kind of worse case scenario.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen