Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 49.95 geiger counter

Well, I think I'd invest in a $59.95 model. More money has to be better, right?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

I just heard on GMA something about people on the west coast "Scrambling to buy" Geiger counters and Iodine pills,,,,
    Last edited by Justin Case; 03-16-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Everything I've read said there's now a shortage of KI pills because everyone is trying to buy them. What are people thinking? They don't even need the stuff. Even if they did, you buy prep supplies before you need it not during the event. Now would be a good time to buy hurricane supplies. Just sayin'..............
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Americans Racing to Buy Anti-radiation Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Everything I've read said there's now a shortage of KI pills because everyone is trying to buy them. What are people thinking? They don't even need the stuff. Even if they did, you buy prep supplies before you need it not during the event. Now would be a good time to buy hurricane supplies. Just sayin'..............
    Seems so.. Every web site I've checked out has K1 on back order and the price has almost doubled on it. I have 3 bottles ( 90 count) that I've had for 3 years. Was looking to replace them but from what I've been able to find out they are still fine. As long as they are still tightly sealed. I think most people are in a panic kinda like runs on the store before it snows.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Seems so.. Every web site I've checked out has K1 on back order and the price has almost doubled on it. I have 3 bottles ( 90 count) that I've had for 3 years. Was looking to replace them but from what I've been able to find out they are still fine. As long as they are still tightly sealed. I think most people are in a panic kinda like runs on the store before it snows.
    I doubt you will need them,, unless you live in japan.

Don, if you really need to buy some try this site. They are the manufacturer and it's $10.00 per package plus $4 shipping.

http://www.anbex.com/pricing.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Don, if you really need to buy some try this site. They are the manufacturer and it's $10.00 per package plus $4 shipping.

http://www.anbex.com/pricing.php
    Thanks Rick. We've got some but thought about a "what if" scenerio here. We live fairly close to a rail yard that transports radioactive material Thanks again for the info. I'll check it out.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I'm in the same boat. I have some but will have to replace it soon. I've been concerned about the reactors in Illinois for some time. Some are at the 40 year mark. They've had a great safety record but it only takes once and I'm downwind.

I've got a few years left on my Iosat before they expire. When they do - I'll order some more.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Just heard on the news that they are increasing the number of radiation monitors along the west coast,,,,, I dont have any iodine pills,,, sooo,, Its been nice knowing all of you

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20044164.shtml
    Last edited by Justin Case; 03-17-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: add link