Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MONSTER Bowie WIP

I reckon that rascal ought to be done by now and broken in. You've probably kilt a bar or two with it for sure. We need some pics!!!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Here you go rick, you can play with this one until he gets the little one finished.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Crikey! That's getting out there with the Mosin candle holders.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I reckon that rascal ought to be done by now and broken in. You've probably kilt a bar or two with it for sure. We need some pics!!!!
    Wow! Didn't realize anyone had replied after that. Sorry Rick, I wasn't ignoring you. For some reason this didn't show on my threads as having received a reply after I looked at it last. Weird.

No it is still pretty much as you saw it in the last pics I posted. Where I send my knives for Heat Treat offers the same price for 20 lbs of knives as it costs to have 4 done at the same time. So I am trying to get as many done as I can Within that weight limit to save on Money. Trying to use up what steel I have to get it off. I think it's funny though, Dottie liked this knife, but said it was Too Big! Soooo I made a similar knife for her. So far I have just profiled it and drilled pin holes, still lots more to do. Hold on let me get some pics of it for you........

Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

You can't call it the "Sarge" unless you have a hollow handle.

I like the Mr. and Mrs. version. Make sure the scales and sheaths match with a "his" and "hers" label.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee