Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog gigs

If you look close at the left of the fish gig you'll see a string my great grand pappy tied on there so he could throw the gig. I have heard stories of one hundered pound fish bein takin with this gig. The man that used to go fish giggen when my great grandpa was still alive. The next time I sea him I'll have himm tell me some stories about their giggen days. He has some gigs similar to this and they are all home made as well.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Oh sorry rick I was typin when you posted.
    No he was a small town farmer from southern Indiana, I don't think he bought it but maybe he did I've always been told it's homemade
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Maybe he used it on the river? (shrug) Either that or you have some monster bull frogs down there.

"Stay back, son and watch out for the tongue."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

yah he used in the river when it was at flood stage for white and red drum or buffalo, as for the mutant bullfrogs they are only in some (more contaminated) rivers
    Thomas Paine