Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow saws (Ounce for Ounce) a Great Tool

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrap59 View Post
    I own a couple of bow saws. Both are Fiskars. Without going out to the shed I can't say what size they are but would guess the small one is in the 16" range and the other is probably 10" larger or there abouts. Maineman. I also have an old buck saw I got years ago from my dad. It has one tough blade and really isn't to hard to sharpen but I seldom use it anymore. I've just gotten used to the much lighter bow saws I guess. I have to admit that if it's more then a few inches in diamiter my answer is more then likely an old Homelight 18" chainsaw.

Oldtrap
    I'm guessing it's an XL-12!

Blog Entries

I regularly replace chain saw with a bow saw when doing firewood. And when in the woods I prefer the old loggers way of doing things. A buck saw that travels in small packet, and few blades for it under my belt.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

That's a very nice saw! Thanks for sharing.

I know one man who carries a saw blade in a tubular nylon strap around his waist. He slides the saw inside and uses a coupld of "D" rings to fasten it like a belt around his waist. He makes the bucksaw frame out of materials at the site.

I like that a lot. May be soon time to test my wood working skills.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel