Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Desert Bound

You look like you're ready to kick a$$ and take names. I know it'll be exciting.
    Don't forget to wear Depends...you never know.
    Stay safe.

You've obviously never been diving. That's how you stay warm - pee in your wetsuit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If I have to pee on myself, it won't be for fun, that's for sure.

Dive with a wetsuit in sub 50 degree water and you will wish you could pee inside your suit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, if you pee in your suit it would be a wet suit. That's not to say it's not wet before you pee. What I mean is...I'm so confused.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

you should be able to track our progress here when we have the broadcast turned on: http://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=4kQ_f
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

just checking in to let you all know we're safe and sound. still in zion/parunaweap area climbing it up and trying to run some canyons in between the storms clouds.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Good to hear.

Did you leave your SPOT in the car? Says you are on a service road.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    you should be able to track our progress here when we have the broadcast turned on: http://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=4kQ_f
    Very Cool !!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Did you leave your SPOT in the car? Says you are on a service road.
    He's having it serviced.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

for some reason the public url only shows the location where it was first activated, instead of updating it every 10 min. when the tracking is enabled. the location was only being updated via email when we sent the daily OK message. i guess that's what the premium service buys you.

we cut our losses and headed home when that third thunderstorm started moving in. slot canyons are not ideal places to be in wet weather, and wet sandstone is terrible to climb. i'll post pics and video when i get the chance. we got some good canyons, hikes and climbs in, and found a great campground.
    Last edited by canid; 05-17-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Sounds like a great trip despite the thunderstorms. Glad you had the opportunity and glad you made it back safe.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i'm ecstatic about the trip, but i'm glad to be home, and once again; wil has *all* the pictures and video from the trip on his notebook.

i missed my lady too much the whole time.

Blog Entries

Thanks! The photo's are great! Shame that rain stopped play.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

yeah; i regretted that at least a few times. there were still endless opportunities for fun though, and the cooler weather it brought was very nice.

Great pictures. Thanks for letting us tag along.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel