Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost:..... NAKED 11 days in "ALASKA"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Lost:..... NAKED 11 days in "ALASKA"

Who is stronger Men or Women at survival.....??? O.K. MEN who is up for 11 days naked the the Alaska Wilderness. Not this Cowboy.

Survivalist worry about rabbit meat, the right firearm, the right hat, the right rubberized loincloth.

In June and July of 1999 a 30 year old women spent 11 days naked, with nothing, no loincloth, no survival knife, no survival food, nothing, all alone, lost (well, kind of) in Alaska.

So you think your bad, you think your tough....????

I am thinking a real "TOUGH MAN" Contest, to celebrate the 10'th year of this event.
    It will be called "The Blue Tarp Amy" survival contest. Maybe "Fox TV can find a sponsor....

Um nope,nada,not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak
    ...the right rubberized loincloth.
    Too funny! I suppose it would depend on where in Alaska. The summer months aren't so bad. 11 days is a long time for me to go without TV, a Starbucks stop or my Oreos so I don't think I'd survive. Besides, NO ONE wants to see me naked!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Wonder what the circumstances were? She must be one tough nut regardless..

It must've been a photo shoot for a magazine

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    In June and July of 1999 a 30 year old women spent 11 days naked, with nothing, no loincloth, no survival knife, no survival food, nothing, all alone, lost (well, kind of) in Alaska.
    What's the "well, kind of"? Seems to be essential information
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Smile O.K.----O.K. The girlie men can wear there loincloth

O.K. No one has signed up yet, so we will make a concession, everybody gets to wear there loincloth. Nothing else.

Sorry, I forgot to say you start as she did, by crossing a ice cold river.

So men what would it take...? Are you going to let a women out do you.

If you use your loincloth the women win.

Did I point out that the Brown/Grizzly Bears will be naked.

Let me get this straight... there will be bare bears? unbearable. No, I'm out.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

What? no turkey feathers????

Banned
    Blog Entries

Smile Help RICK or Anybody computer smart.

Maybe someone good at computer stuff, internet stuff, can find the articles: Try, "Blue tarp Amy". or: Amy, Lawyer. or: Anchorage Daily news, July 5, 1999 "Lawyer tells survival tale". or try: Hope, Alaska Canyon Creek or Sixmile Creek.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-30-2009 at 07:02 AM.

I may go for that (with the loincloth)
    A good soldier is a poor scout - Cheyenne

The secret of the man who is universally interesting is that he is universally interested
    William Dean Howells

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover - Mark Twain

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default What size...???

Quote Originally Posted by Elkchsr View Post
    I may go for that (with the loincloth)
    Sorry....some times I can't help it.

Let me get this straight.....Elkchsr wants help with his loin cloth? I'm really out, now.

I found it but it's a pay to read on the Anchorage news paper. Here's the entice:

Amy Headrick waded across a roaring chest-high stream, chewed on leaves for moisture and, in an unsuccessful effort to draw attention to her plight, tossed mining equipment into a stream during an 11-day ordeal in dense hills outside Hope. Then -- naked, weak and covered with cuts -- she lay down on a gravel stream bank near a mining camp, wrapped herself tightly in a blue tarp and waited for help, Alaska State Troopers said. Clutching an empty coffee can found in the miners' stash.....

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I found it but it's a pay to read on the Anchorage news paper. Here's the entice:

Amy Headrick waded across a roaring chest-high stream, chewed on leaves for moisture and, in an unsuccessful effort to draw attention to her plight, tossed mining equipment into a stream during an 11-day ordeal in dense hills outside Hope. Then -- naked, weak and covered with cuts -- she lay down on a gravel stream bank near a mining camp, wrapped herself tightly in a blue tarp and waited for help, Alaska State Troopers said. Clutching an empty coffee can found in the miners' stash.....
    I'll keep looking. Last year I found it some other place under: " Blue tarp Amy "

Of course, out there where you live the 1999 edition probably just arrived didn't it?

Naked out in the wilds of alaska sounds like fun to me. I do insist that my coffee can be made of metel. None of those plastic things.

I also want my to wear my glasses so I can see.

I am not proud, I have over come many a raving mad rarbit, when her was laughing himself silly~!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Of course, out there where you live the 1999 edition probably just arrived didn't it?
    Arrived Last week...... there are many interesting aspects to this story, And yes it played out just five miles down the road. Not the least of which is that two years later 2001 (I think) another young women did the same thing in the same place.

ANOTHER ONE... Whats up with that ? naked women wandering in the wilds of alaska.
    you must have that old mine up for sale HOPEAK !!!! perty slick

You guys are good at twisting things

A good soldier is a poor scout - Cheyenne

The secret of the man who is universally interesting is that he is universally interested
    William Dean Howells

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover - Mark Twain