Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival tips

Talking Survival tips

so i guess this could just be a topic with survival tips in it like: follow the big dippers handle to get to the north star if you dont have a compass... just anything usefull

Welcome to the forum Wildermonkey. As far as survival tips go you may have to be more specific considering this entire websites about survival tips. Is there any thing in particular you want to know?

in most cases a willow tree is near water

also try to always use the least enegy consuming way to doing things

well theres alot of tips i know and one is never eat polar bear liver becaus i has lethal concentrations of vitamin A
    sanity is for the weak

hi people just join, lam whitefang

Greetings Whitefang

Default to owlgirl

thanks for for hi, Iam from texas. whitefang

What the Bloody, im from texas too.
    sanity is for the weak

Quote Originally Posted by wildermonkey View Post
    so i guess this could just be a topic with survival tips in it like: follow the big dippers handle to get to the north star if you dont have a compass... just anything usefull
    Just so no one gets confused... you follow the two stars on the far side of the bucket to the north star, not the handle! Its a common mistake that will get you really lost.

Lmfao , i live in northern manitoba (where polar bears are) you have any idea how hard and illegal it is to kill one? much less eat it ? lol dont bothere with polar bears if your trapped up here , seals are much beter.
    This member asked that their user name be changed. They acknowledged that most of what they have posted in the past was less than truthful. Hence the reason for the signature post.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by marcraft View Post
    Lmfao , i live in northern manitoba (where polar bears are) you have any idea how hard and illegal it is to kill one? much less eat it ? lol dont bothere with polar bears if your trapped up here , seals are much beter.
    ...It was just a tip
    sanity is for the weak

Survival whistles are underrated - get one!
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

millipedes are good to eat and have alot of protein (more than beef), but just make sure its a millipede

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    and not a centipede, they can give a bad bite
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I onced got a good fire going using hair from my head and other parts of my body, Everything was drenched but my body hair was dry and in no time at all I had a roaring fire.

Thanks

Raymearsisgod

I thought Polar bears had nasty worms which if you eat thier meat start to devour your stomach any truth to this?

I have some tips

1.Never eat if there is no water available
    2.Do not eat anything just because you see animals eatting it, use the edibility test to make sure and even then be carefull
    3.People in Deserts, Jungles and so on mostly live near watter so if you follow a stream there is a good chance of finding people
    4.Look before you leap, always be carefull where you put your hands and feet
    5.never drink water unless you are about 90% sure its clean and always boil before use
    6.All birds eggs are edible if you fully cook them
    7.For most diseases you might contract in a Jungle there is for most a cure there aswell
    8.Learning from books or videos is no subistue for going out on a professional coruse
    9.The maximum time anyone under normal surcumstances can hold there breath is 4 mins so do not try and dive under very deep objects
    10.The higher up you go the faster you become dehydrated so always drink more the higher you go

i hope they are usefull

if your in the desert some signs that could help you are when you see bees because most often a bee wont fly 3 miles away from there nest and bees need water and watcxh the direction they go to find water

Almost all blossoms are edible, over 90%. don't ask me where I learned that, but you can look it up for more specifics/accuracy. never eat them without testing though. Just for fun you should try a tulip, the red ones with yellow near the center are the sweetest. don't ask me how I know that either.

Here's a quick tip:

Don't put more energy into getting food than you're going to get from the food.
    So don't spend a whole day trying to catch one little animal if you don't think you'll suppliment the calories, and then some.