Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil unrest..........stay indoors, or get out of town.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Civil unrest..........stay indoors, or get out of town.

Do "NOT" watch the video if you are weak of stomach. However the very short essay is informative.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...lence_01282011

Banned

Thats whats happening in Egypt right now,,,,, only worse !

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Thats whats happening in Egypt right now,,,,, only worse !
    That was from Egypt - right now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    That was from Egypt - right now.
    Its night over there isn't it ? what I am seeing on tv now is really bad,,

My point was that the vid was from the current unrest. I realize it was not live.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hope it dosen't come to pass here in the U.S. but is possible with thing the way they are and will more than likely get worse seen on the news today where they say the economy has grown 2.9% probasnly a lie.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 01-28-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Removed political statement
    Hope for the best but expect the worst and you will never be dissapointed

Nutman - I edited the political commentary from your post.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    My point was that the vid was from the current unrest. I realize it was not live.
    I know, Just funnin with you, I didnt read the article, Just glanced at the vid

The article makes sense...I've always assumed it would be intuitive to normal people to stay out of trouble. But sometimes what goes without saying apparently needs to be said over and over again.

The Egypt situation has been brewing for a very long time. Folks think life is bad here and we have a corrupt government. Go to Egypt. Mubarak has been in power for 30 years and the per capita income is $6200 per year. And the government owns everything. Telephone, Power, Water, etc. It's an extremely poor country. Folks are fed up.

Nutman - why would you say that's a lie? There are sooo many watchdog groups that track public numbers. The government can't make this stuff up. Do you have numbers to counter that?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My biggest concern is not that there may be changes, but rather what those changes may be. I've read in a few places that there are concerns that the Muslim Brotherhood, an avowed terrorist group that has declared war on the United States may be fueling the outrage and violence.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There is probably truth in that, too. I think they are going to do anything and everything they can to instigate instability. I can't see the U.S. allowing Egypt to fall into anarchy simple because of the Suez canal. I think Mubarak will get all the intelligence and logistical support he wants.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I don't know if he will, but I'd probably sound a bit conspiratorial and political if I went that route. Instability will absolutely be a boone to terrorist outfits. Some of the governments at least "attempt" to keep them in check. With Tunisia, now Egypt - Yemin is certainly no stranger to terrorist activity. I'll bet that Israel is in a more heightened state of alert.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

I guess we outfitted their military,, ?

For the last 50 years.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The situation is rather dire at this time in Egypt. They have shut down the internet and associated social networking sites. That should slow do the violence abit as it will isolate the groups making them smaller and "easier" to deal with. That is where Tunisia made its "mistake", also if you recall Iran had a similar problem. Which brings up and excellent point. If you are in an area where there is potential group violence, try to monitor the social networking sites as long as they are availabe, that is how the demonstrations are being coordinated. You will know where not to be. In the event of violence the best advise is always to stay away (like "B" said, it should be intuative). I think this type of thing will be sweeping throughout the Middle East and soon to parts of Europe.
    Last edited by Pal334; 01-28-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

People of egypt have got freedom now.

Quote Originally Posted by copybiz View Post
    People of egypt have got freedom now.
    The jury is still out on that one. Did people of Iran get freedom when they overturned the Shah?
    To be corny...this is not a sprint, it's a marathon.

You got that right, B! If anyone thinks that government based on freedom for the people will prevail, you better look at others that had a revolution of that sort. The militant minority will fill the void of governance most of the time. (I'm so proud, I didn't mention the Moslem Brotherhood). Oops, I guess I did.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Hi, new guy here. I find the question, "Stay put or get out of town" to be a good, classic, survival question, sort of like the wilderness survival question, "Wait for rescue or try to walk to safety". In Long Beach, CA, I'm smack in the middle of of about 16 million people, and "out of town" would be a loooong way in any kind of emergency. So, I'm resigned to sticking it out in my home with my family during any really rough emergency. I won't be one of those out protesting in the street, looting, etc.

One item on my budding Emergency Preparedness Plan says, "Problem: The National Guard and/or regular military might be deployed during a serious emergency ... Solution: Be prepared to stay inside for weeks if necessary to avoid stores, crowds, looters, and trigger happy Guardsman and soldiers." In SoCal, it is said the markets only have supplies for three days, so in a serious emergency (say a big earthquake), panicky people will empty shelves in short order. Better to have some significant water and food stores at home ahead of time.

I'm just getting started here, but I'm treating my situation as I would any real emergency, and I'm doing the most important things first. My first priority has been to start storing water in safe storage containers. When I have enough water to last as long as the food in my refrigerator and pantry, I'll start storing more food, too. Establishing good water and food stores will take some time, not just to get everything, but to learn what to get and how best to store and manage it.