Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get it now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pocomoonskyeyes3 View Post
    That's stupid. I can put all of those modifications on my 10/22, but no soldier in his right mind would use it to "assault" anything. Except rabbits,squirrels, and paper targets. Matter of fact my 10/22 already has a black synthetic stock, but it has a bright shiny barrel and receiver(nickel plated I believe) AND I have a 25 round magazine for it. Only a fool would consider it an "assault weapon".
    You could quickly kill up to 25 people with it,,, Actually,, a 22 is hyper velocity,, can penetrate a vest,, it quiet,, decent range and accurate as hell,, seems to me it would be a pretty affective one for the homegrown terrorist,,

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    BTW...I don't think you can buy a 25 round magazine for it in Cali. And I would guess it would also be an issue in Mass.
    I have one, but don't think it is as good as the 10 rounder that comes with it. It fits sloppy in the Magazine well ,and the first round chambered is always a problem due to this. other than that it is handy to use for a running coyote.... Lord knows they are hard to hit. I can get them here all day long. ANOTHER reason I don't want to live in California, but even if that weren't so the 'quakes would keep me away.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    You could quickly kill up to 25 people with it,,, Actually,, a 22 is hyper velocity,, can penetrate a vest,, it quiet,, decent range and accurate as hell,, seems to me it would be a pretty affective one for the homegrown terrorist,,
    I want to see the person that could pull THAT one off. Yeah I could kill 25 people with it IF they were ALL in close range,stood still, AND I was a good shot making every shot count. Truth is, Even with that amount of ammo I would be lucky to get 3 or 4. Some would come over and beat my butt and take it away BEFORE I could do all that. Might as well use a BB gun.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Only a fool would consider it an "assault weapon".
    there are a damned lot of fools in law enforcement in idaho.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Banned

I want to see the person that could pull THAT one off. Yeah I could kill 25 people with it IF they were ALL in close range,stood still, AND I was a good shot making every shot count. Truth is, Even with that amount of ammo I would be lucky to get 3 or 4. Some would come over and beat my butt and take it away BEFORE I could do all that. Might as well use a BB gun.
    well ,, I would fear getting shot with a 22 just as much as i would a full auto,, they can kill just as dead,,

btw,, 22 has been used lots of time to assassinate people,,
    http://www.google.com/search?q=22+as...ed8f20a6bb9442

Yeah....and I hear that they are really good for hunting brown bear, too. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I have one, but don't think it is as good as the 10 rounder that comes with it. It fits sloppy in the Magazine well ,and the first round chambered is always a problem due to this. other than that it is handy to use for a running coyote.... Lord knows they are hard to hit. I can get them here all day long. ANOTHER reason I don't want to live in California, but even if that weren't so the 'quakes would keep me away.
    I like the factory 10 rounders. I've had the same experience as you, with the 25 rounders.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

well ,, I would fear getting shot with a 22 just as much as i would a full auto,, they can kill just as dead,,

Truth be told, I would hate getting shot period.... even by a BB gun. It hurts. "Full auto" refers to "rate of fire" with one trigger pull, not a higher caliber weapon. Yeah .22's have been used in assassinations, always in close proximity/range, and mostly when only 1 person was the target. Have you ticked anyone off that bad? I doubt it. .22's are supposed to be the "Assassins #1 choice" according to all you hear, However I would never even think of it. I have heard of someone being shot at point blank range and the bullet didn't penetrate the skull. I still say it is only good for small animals and wouldn't use it on anything larger than a dog, UNLESS there was no other option. Just too many variables. Oh it makes good hype, that it COULD be all you say it could be. But the scenario you proposed would require a magician..... Hey, maybe Sarge could do it.... he is a magician after all.

Even using it as a last resort, self defense weapon I would want all 25 bullets for just one person, no more than 2 honestly.... not the 25 you mentioned above. Too many misses even by TRAINED professionals(LEO's & soldiers) in a shoot out. Save that scenario for "Miracle Marksman" or whatever it's called on TV. It might be easy to hit all 25 with "Lethal" shots if they are only paper targets. But honestly that is a ridiculous claim. No... Ludicrous. JMO

Heck...I'm afraid of getting a flu shot. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Heck...I'm afraid of getting a flu shot. LOL
    Yeah, and not just because they hurt either!! Last time I got one was the sickest I've ever been in a years time. Flu shot? No thank you.

Well. Now that I have an excuse I'm getting on of these.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

the objective of gun control is to eliminate private ownership of firearms period end of story. to achieve this it starts with a type of weapon that can be demonized pay no attention to the demon that used it on other people. then that firearm is ''controlled" essentially making it illegal. then a little time goes by and guess what the demon or another just like them is using a ten round magazine in his endeavours. so now we start all over with another batch of knee jerk laws that will not stop the demon. We need to pass more laws, now we're down to a 5 shot magazine and limit the number of mags a individual can own. Pretty soon it will get to the point where it's practically illegal to own much of a firearm. In the meantime the demon just keeps moving on to other ways to hurt their fellow man. Nothing changes except honest people pay the price for the demons action.

when will people realize there is not a law in existence and never will be that will stop a determined person from harming another. If there are honest people that believe that the anti gunners only want to regulate firearms they are wrong, the objective is to eliminate private ownership. one new law is just one step close. Don't buy the bull.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    the objective of gun control is to eliminate private ownership of firearms period end of story. to achieve this it starts with a type of weapon that can be demonized pay no attention to the demon that used it on other people. then that firearm is ''controlled" essentially making it illegal. then a little time goes by and guess what the demon or another just like them is using a ten round magazine in his endeavours. so now we start all over with another batch of knee jerk laws that will not stop the demon. We need to pass more laws, now we're down to a 5 shot magazine and limit the number of mags a individual can own. Pretty soon it will get to the point where it's practically illegal to own much of a firearm. In the meantime the demon just keeps moving on to other ways to hurt their fellow man. Nothing changes except honest people pay the price for the demons action.

when will people realize there is not a law in existence and never will be that will stop a determined person from harming another. If there are honest people that believe that the anti gunners only want to regulate firearms they are wrong, the objective is to eliminate private ownership. one new law is just one step close. Don't buy the bull.
    If you run for office you have my vote.

I wrote to both senators and my rep about the upcoming Obama gun grab. It's all I can do until November. I asked that they please fund enforcement of existing laws and avoid the knee-jerk emotion driven ban on firearms. So far, I got a generic "thanks for your concern" reply from Rep Michaud.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Camp - I did the same thing. I've contacted both Senators and my district's Representative. I encourage everyone to do the same. Send them a respectful, courtesy letter expressing your concern. Here is the one I sent to my elected representatives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senator XXXXX

An online Newsweek article dated January 27, 2011 states the following,

"But in the next two weeks, the White House will unveil a new gun-control effort in which it will urge Congress to strengthen current laws, which now allow some mentally unstable people, such as alleged Arizona shooter Jared Loughner, to obtain certain assault weapons, in some cases without even a background check."

While no one wants to see individuals that have been adjudicated as being mentally challenged obtain a firearm, I would rather see us enforce those laws that are already on the books. Please vote NO on additional gun laws and yes to enforcing those laws already on the books. Please help preserve the 2nd Amendment.

Sincerely,

Rick XXXXXXX
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Hey you and the Senator have the same last name ! thats weird !

He's my uncle. Uncle Sam.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Camp - I did the same thing. I've contacted both Senators and my district's Representative. I encourage everyone to do the same. Send them a respectful, courtesy letter expressing your concern. Here is the one I sent to my elected representatives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senator XXXXX

An online Newsweek article dated January 27, 2011 states the following,

"But in the next two weeks, the White House will unveil a new gun-control effort in which it will urge Congress to strengthen current laws, which now allow some mentally unstable people, such as alleged Arizona shooter Jared Loughner, to obtain certain assault weapons, in some cases without even a background check."

While no one wants to see individuals that have been adjudicated as being mentally challenged obtain a firearm, I would rather see us enforce those laws that are already on the books. Please vote NO on additional gun laws and yes to enforcing those laws already on the books. Please help preserve the 2nd Amendment.

Sincerely,

Rick XXXXXXX
    You have no idea how close that is to what I wrote. I dont know if I should feel smart for thinking like you or if you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking like me!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Let's just consider ourselves wise monkeys and let it go at that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Let's just consider ourselves wise monkeys and let it go at that.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.