Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just 'Cause You're Born Here Don't Make You One of Us!

Default Just 'Cause You're Born Here Don't Make You One of Us!

This is going to be a very interesting law to watch. Those cats in Arizona are pretty hard nosed. Down right obnoxious. My kind of folks!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70Q94G20110127
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It's about damn time. Hope other states follow suit.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Ain't gonna happen, elections too close for comfort, time to sneak in gun control again, can't afford to lose what is becoming the majority in many states. Cover your rear end is the primary objective and being "Politically Correct", another good reason to live in these hills with all the other Rednecks of which I am proudly one.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Fortunately, They can not unilateraly change the law of the land on their own (they are not the legal entity that "issues" U.S. citizenahip). I do agree with their ultimate goal and wish them well in thier LEGAL pursuit of change
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Come on, Rufert. Take a smell and let's track these boys down.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Not sure if it will go anywhere,, they have been trying to "Review" the 2nd amendment forever.

Banned

Also,, if it gets changed we may all get deported,, unless of course you are Native American decent ,,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Come on, Rufert. Take a smell and let's track these boys down.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    *Rufert* It's been a long time since those were tightie whities, aint no way I'm puttin' my nose near them thar garments.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Rick's thong once started it's life like that, I'm sure.

If the parents aren't citizens and illegals then the kids can't be citizens i think the citizenships comes from the parents
    Hope for the best but expect the worst and you will never be dissapointed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
    If the parents aren't citizens and illegals then the kids can't be citizens i think the citizenships comes from the parents
    all children born here are automatically citizens,, who or what the parents are matters not,

Justin is correct. It doesn't matter if you are here legally, illegally, on business or on vacation. If a child is born in the U.S. it is considered a U.S. citizen.

Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

I obviously added the emphasis.

So, if your cat has kittens in your oven...that makes them bisquits....right?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Wait, wait, wait, wait. This is a crayon. This is paper. I'm gonna draw you a picture.

I never could understand the reason for the 14 amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    I never could understand the reason for the 14 amendment.
    In fact, at that time it was the well-recognized purpose of the 14th Amendment to vest the black citizens with only a short list of rudimentary rights. Those rights were:

To make and enforce contracts
    To sue, be parties, give evidence
    To the full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of persons and property.

The harsh historical reality is that if the 14th Amendment had been touted in that day as a means of promoting or establishing equality between the races, it would never have been ratified.
    Source: http://www.originalintent.org/edu/14thamend.php
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

thanks for the link Crash. I knew the intent but don't understand the reason. why not simply give the ex slaves and their children citizenship. there did not need to be a amendment to give others citizenship so why them.

It was created to nullify the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott vs. Stanford.

Here's a decent write up on it. http://www.originalintent.org/edu/14thamend.php

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The 14th ammendment is very clear and does not need all ther mumbo-jumbo of that "errant clause" link. This is a right wing website reading the 14th ammendment in the same way the left wing liberals read the 2nd ammendment!

If you were born here you are a citizen.

What I can not accept is that a family that enters illigally can not be sent back to where they came because one of their babies was born here, which is often the ruling of the immigration courts.

People all over the world have dual citizenship. So does the kid that was born here from illigal parents. Ship them all home and when the kid reaches 18 he/she can decide to return as a citizen.

As a sidenote, I have several friends from Europe and one from Canada that hold dual citizenship. Every one of them gained their status by serving in the U.S. military. I am almost as proud of their citizenship as they are.

I am very right of center on this issue. I actually believe that citizenship should be connected to national service. If you are born here you have the "right to access to citizenship" which does not become vested until you serve your nation in some major capacity. You EARN vestment of your citizenship.

You did not serve, sorry, you do not vote. Sick, halt, lame= Join the peace corps/VISTA. You were not in the military= How the hell can you be Commander in Chief?

But that is not how the document reads. It simply says if you were born here you are a citizen.

I can live with this one if the liberals will read the 2nd ammendment with as much clarity and sureness as they have in the 14th.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-28-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It was created to nullify the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott vs. Stanford.

Here's a decent write up on it. http://www.originalintent.org/edu/14thamend.php
    Deja vu all over again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel