Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pot belly stove.

Lehmans does have a lot of stuff, but very pricey.
    And true, you get what you pay for.........Just be sure to shop around.
    Last edited by hunter63; 02-08-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

GASP - we have to spell right here, man o man am I in real trouble..... now I have to vett all my writings through my daughter... dag nabbit, that means more allowance....I wonder if she ill take ammo as a barter )

Only if you catch it and care about it. Sounds like Hunter does.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Banned

I do try, but I am sure some syntax, punctuation and spelling errors get though on my posts.

Knot manny
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hoose Manny?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

That Chubby stove does have some very good qualities.....I kind of had a bit of a sticker shock though.....I will be needing an extra stove for the garage workshop up at the cabin. I had a wood pellet stove there but really did not like it, noisy, only one shop near me had the pellets. I just need a small, simple stove to take the edge off the chill in the garage. I have enough wood scraps from the furniture making to keep it going all year. Very hard to get coal where I am at in NW PA, Crossingville / Edinboro area for a reasonable price. My fire wood is basically free, already there and I have enough expendable woods on the land to last more than 3 lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    That Chubby stove does have some very good qualities.....I kind of had a bit of a sticker shock though.....I will be needing an extra stove for the garage workshop up at the cabin. I had a wood pellet stove there but really did not like it, noisy, only one shop near me had the pellets. I just need a small, simple stove to take the edge off the chill in the garage. I have enough wood scraps from the furniture making to keep it going all year. Very hard to get coal where I am at in NW PA, Crossingville / Edinboro area for a reasonable price. My fire wood is basically free, already there and I have enough expendable woods on the land to last more than 3 lifetimes.

Sticker shock, yes but compared to the new ones. Must be nice to have three lifetimes of wood for free! Although I wouldn't want to live where that is!

The Wife and I have been eyeballing one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap, but they work well, and You can cook with them. I like the soapstone, helps keep the house a bit warmer after the fire goes out in the night. You can also get a water back for them. Either set up a radiator in another room and circulate warm water to it. Or use for hot water in the house.
    http://www.vermontwoodstove.com/vermontbunbaker.htm

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by aflineman; 02-25-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Gosh, instead of paying that kind of money for a new wood stove why don't you invest in an original? You'll have a larger cooking surface and invest a lot less money in the process.

http://stovehospital.com/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Gosh, instead of paying that kind of money for a new wood stove why don't you invest in an original? You'll have a larger cooking surface and invest a lot less money in the process.

http://stovehospital.com/
    Because I don't have the room for one. If I did, that would be my first choice. I learned to cook on an old Glenwood. Kind of surprised my Wife before we got married. I cooked her an entire Thanksgiving Dinner on the one I had at my old Cabin. Tried like heck to take that stove before I sold the place, but the purchaser insisted on the stove or no sale. Needed the money for my Grandparent's doctors bills, so it went in the sale.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Go for any branded company not for cheaper ones.

http://http://thefireplace.com.au/wood_fired_cookers.html

This one is the stove top, and low oven combined, but the one I have has the hot water service copper piped through the fire box.
    THERE AIN'T NO EDGE OF THE PRESERVE