Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The mentality of the masses in America

  1. #1

    Default The mentality of the masses in America

    Folks follow this link below if you want to see why IMO this country America is going straight to H*ll and why i want to run for the hills and hide because people like the ones in this video are why we are losing our rights and freedoms !

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBrGCPdprak
    Last edited by LongHuntre; 01-22-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    A Government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take it all away when it wants.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Neither your Liberty, your money, nor your property are safe while Congress is in Session.


  2. #2
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    43,059
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The youtube interviewer didn't seem like the brightest light bulb in the pack. People from several countries along with the US were interviewed. One thing was nice to see is that the United States does not have the market cornered on stupid. At least two of the people had the right idea (C. Thomas and Todd).
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  3. #3
    Quality Control Director Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,719
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    She should have interviewed one of us. Probably need therapy for years to come.

    At least we got a peek at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. Boy is that place great.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  4. #4
    Hall Monitor Pal334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,432

    Default

    I think the interview is not conclusive or even fair. The interviewer obviously had an agenda. I would love to see the interviews that were not included. Also curious why so many non U.S. folks were included in an interview about a "U.S. issue"
    Last edited by Pal334; 01-22-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

  5. #5
    Senior Member BENESSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    It's really a non-story. Nothing much to get riled-up about. Besides, the conclusion was..."Whether you think guns kill people or people kill people, the answer is seldom violence". Yeah, and?

  6. #6
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,178

    Default

    Am I mistaken or can I edited a film to get any sound bite I want? I agree with B. It's a non-story. Let's not promote it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member gryffynklm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    That was useless. She asked the question to the camera but never heard her ask it to the people she interviewed. It was snippets of conversations that had no continuity.

    BLAblagunsBLABlawellIbla
    Karl

    The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

    A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Am I mistaken or can I edited a film to get any sound bite I want? I agree with B. It's a non-story. Let's not promote it.
    Agree! I don't ask any bodies permission for what I consider my rights! They have no say in the matter!

  9. #9

    Default

    Wow. I can't believe I just wasted 2.5 minutes of my life watching that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongHuntre View Post
    Folks follow this link below if you want to see why IMO this country America is going straight to H*ll and why i want to run for the hills and hide because people like the ones in this video are why we are losing our rights and freedoms !

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBrGCPdprak
    General rule of thumb: Youtube is not a credible source

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    montana
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Agree! I don't ask any bodies permission for what I consider my rights! They have no say in the matter!
    amen. couldn't agree more. i as well, do not need "premission". my rights are mine simply because i am alive.

  12. #12
    Super-duper Moderator Sarge47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The People's Republic of Illinois
    Posts
    9,449
    Blog Entries
    38

    Cool Hmmmm...well now...

    Quote Originally Posted by LongHuntre View Post
    ...and why i want to run for the hills and hide
    Here's a question for you; what country are these "hills" located that you are talking about?
    In America? Aren't they owned by somebody? If you read some of the posts on here you'll find news articles where people who have tried to do that got caught. Not a bright idea.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Senior Member 2dumb2kwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northeastern NC
    Posts
    8,507

    Default

    That video showed some dumb masses!
    (Snicker, snicker.)

    (You see, Rick.....If you say "dumb masses" quickly, it sounds like....oh, nevermind.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

  14. #14
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,178

    Default

    No pro fanny tea on this forum, 2D. You know that.

  15. #15
    Senior Member BENESSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    9,432

    Default

    We all know there's no shortage of those--native or visiting.

  16. #16
    Senior Member 2dumb2kwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northeastern NC
    Posts
    8,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No pro fanny tea on this forum, 2D. You know that.
    It's not, when I read it....remember, I t-a-l-k s-l-o-w.
    (Read my signature.)LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •