Thread: My Personal Mobile Survival Camper/Ark

Blog Entries

Default My Personal Mobile Survival Camper/Ark

IMG00047.jpgOk folks, I'll work to document this as the days come along. I'm working diligently to cram a bunch of gadgets and gear into a 1970 airstream camper trailer. End goal is to turn it into my mobile fall back point if i have to bug out.

o date:
    Completely rebuilt most of the essentials (keep in mind it was gutted to start) including the old furnace with solid state electrical parts, 12 volt charging system, heat/aircondition unit, dropped in a generator, reframed the key interior with hardwood ply (to resist lighter ammo shots at the trailer).

I'll start posting my mad scientist experiment with the camper in the next few days as I get adjusted to the site.

I am keeping a log of it that I'll keep up for the duration: [URL="*************************[/URL]

Anyone else putting time into building a solar array? I'd like to connect with anyone working solar more for ideas.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 01-16-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: removed link

Hey Rick Think you could hit the Drop-zone at the introduction section and give an intro?Also you can have your site in your "Signature" but not in the body of a post. Thanks
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

That's twice that you have posted a link to your forum. I'll chalk it up to inexperience. A third time and I'll chalk it up to SPAM and you will be gone.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You don't need protection from bullets. Zombies can turn door handles, you know. You need a bigger door lock. Oh, and more foil. Just sayin'.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Any thoughts on jacking up the trailer? I guess it would be okay for highways,as long as they are bump free, not like Maine, where your rig would be bottoming out a lot. Can't imagine that off road.

I would hope P_R wants to play nice, and is not just spaming.
    Would be kinda cool seeing a "BOV" conversion.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I like old Airstreams too, but for practicality, I am thinking about converting one of those better-made Utility trailers with the V fronts and side door. They are higher, can have the heavier duty tires/suspension/frame, can be made more ballistic-protected on the inside if that is important, you can lay it out the way you want, and provide a measure of Opsec since it just looks like a contractor's trailer on the outside. Still thinking about it.