Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV opportunity – from the makers of Discovery’s Gold Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you really have a serious question I would think the best thing to do would be to email the person.

Also, if you're picked, be sure to let me know so I can send you a t-shirt with a forum URL on it that you can wear all day long.
    Uh, I think it would take more than one shirt. Otherwise whoever wears it will be "cast out" from the group!!!
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

We have WSF shirts?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    We have WSF shirts?
    If you get on TV you will. I'm sure Chris will see to it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Well their websites OK and looks like they made After Armageddon, amongst other things. I expect you guys will know the programmes better than me.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I just finished reading a book that deflated my "Alaska Pioneer" dream.
    Its called "The Final Frontiersman" by James Campbell and was recommended by someone in Portland, OR.
    Excellent book btw if you haven't heard of it, it explains how the pioneering experience is still there, just not attainable anymore without a ton of cash.
    I might still be interested if they would cover the cost of an attorney to explain all the land use/trapping regulations up here.
    Oh well, back to the tent in my living room...

I can see Rick now. Sneaking through the brush with a .22 rifle looking for supper in a Cammoed thong. Maybe it will be a late night show
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Oh great. Now I'm gonna have nightmares.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I can see Rick now. Sneaking through the brush with a .22 rifle looking for supper in a Cammoed thong. Maybe it will be a late night show
    That's a sure way to kill the ratings!
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

Hey! I'm a chem...kamel.....camea....I can change colors.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Talking

Hello!

Thank you all for your interest.

We are still very much in the early stages of pre-production on this project. At the moment we want to make contact with people from a whole range of different backgrounds to find out a little about their story, their goals and their outlook on life.

As of yet many of the details are still flexible and will depend on who we speak to and how the project progresses.

Many thanks,

Paul (Seth recently brought me into team here at Raw and I will be helping on this project)
    pioneers@rawtelevision.co.uk
    Last edited by RawTV; 01-18-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries

My trapping partner and I have a desire to build a cabin on our trap line here in Alaska. Does that count.
    Last edited by klkak; 01-18-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Well I have E-mailed them with some questions.... waiting to find out more info.

Banned

I too ugly for TV and all alone to boot and this isn't a project for a lone man. I'll fully admit I don't have the skill set to do this for real. Survivor I could do 100 pounds lighter and clearing from a Dr. even though I'm not real likable I could fool most of the egocentric idiots they get to be on that show......well maybe but getting voted off and being part of the jury and getting to live in luxury at the Ponderosa would be worth it.

It depends a great deal on how the shows plot is laid out.

Personally, I'd have no interest in a "Survivor" type show because it would waste my time. An honest man couldn't win.

A show like "Top Shot" with skills competitions would be cool. I'd probably lose that too but it would improve character as opposed to compromise charecter like "survivor" does.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I want to see something I haven't seen before.
    1stimester moving to AK and making a life for herself and her kids. The hard and authentic way.
    Vegetarians trying to survive by fishing and foraging.
    Urban warriors surviving by staying put in the city WTSHTF.
    ANYthing that's not on now, five ways to Sunday.
    If I were a betting person, that's what I'd put my money on.

Well, sadly, most of that list is done:

1stimester moving to AK and making a life for herself and her kids. The hard and authentic way.
    The first season of The Alaska Experiment was similar and Alaska State Troopers kind of shows the lifestyle up there in the small communities.

Vegetarians trying to survive by fishing and foraging.
    Thats definitely a new one, but similar in a way to the second season The Alaska Experiment or Survivorman (foraging at least)

Urban warriors surviving by staying put in the city WTSHTF.
    The Colony, though over dramatized for sure.

I would like to see more realistic shows. Real doesn't make good tv usually.

Over the years we've had quite a few folks stop by and say that they wanted to do the very thing that the OP listed. Granted, most of them had no clue where to start. Those that were actually serious about it, asked a lot of good questions and tried to learn from those that may have had some experience in the areas that they needed. Unfortunately, all too often those that came here with that goal, came with all the answers and were not serious.

I think it would make for an interesting show. I hope the producers find some individuals that really want to take on this change in their lives and not just "get on TV". Good luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I think it would make for an interesting show. I hope the producers find some individuals that really want to take on this change in their lives and not just "get on TV". Good luck.
    Yeah, I agree Crash. Depending on the type of "Pioneer" it is I would be interested. (Historical or Modern) Who cares about the cameras.... this would be an awesome experience! Also wondering if they are looking for individuals or families. I sent off some questions to them, Depends on their answers if I would be interested or not.

I think that Sourdough described it best here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...t-Really-Works
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tundrascout View Post
    I just finished reading a book that deflated my "Alaska Pioneer" dream.
    Its called "The Final Frontiersman" by James Campbell and was recommended by someone in Portland, OR.
    Excellent book btw if you haven't heard of it, it explains how the pioneering experience is still there, just not attainable anymore without a ton of cash.
    I might still be interested if they would cover the cost of an attorney to explain all the land use/trapping regulations up here.
    Oh well, back to the tent in my living room...
    Some people just think in terms of cash and can't do anything without it. That's just the way they think. Money is luxury I seldom have had.