Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: .410??

Blog Entries

I say again, there was about an 8oz difference in weight, the 16bore being the heavier of the two. That to me is not a significant difference. I would not have suggested it had I not had personal experience.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Winnie "I say again, there was about an 8oz difference in weight, the 16bore being the heavier of the two. That to me is not a significant difference. I would not have suggested it had I not had personal experience."
    There is more than 8 oz in one barrel let alone two and that does not include the frame or anything else. I done. It is not worth my time to even discuss this with you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    Winnie "I say again, there was about an 8oz difference in weight, the 16bore being the heavier of the two. That to me is not a significant difference. I would not have suggested it had I not had personal experience."
    There is more than 8 oz in one barrel let alone two and that does not include the frame or anything else. I done. It is not worth my time to even discuss this with you.
    Suit yourself.

Oh and to prove my point. Look up the weight of a Lincoln Jubilee 16 bore double Barrel= 6lbs4oz, Baikal Bolt action Single Barrel(the Gun I had) 6lbs.
    In future, please do not call my character into question. When you obviously have not checked your facts.

PS I apologise profusely, Nell, for hijacking your thread.
    Last edited by Winnie; 01-14-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Adding info
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

klickitat you need to back off! Messing with the women on this forum is something that is frowned upon.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Suit yourself.

Oh and to prove my point. Look up the weight of a Lincoln Jubilee 16 bore double Barrel= 6lbs4oz, Baikal Bolt action Single Barrel(the Gun I had) 6lbs.
    In future, please do not call my character into question. When you obviously have not checked your facts.

PS I apologise profusely, Nell, for hijacking your thread.
    Winnie I can identify with what you said. My grandsons single shot .410 weights more then my single shot 20.

I wasn't messing with a woman, I was pointing out crap information. I pointing out that she has no idea what she is talking about when it comes to guns or even basic physics. Why is her need to save face more important than the woman who needed good information? Why would you value the person who is handing out crap more than the person who it is being given too?

Blog Entries

Read my post #43 Klick, I am not handing out C##p. I have proved my point. You have not and are just being abusive now.

You might be pointing out information you believe is incorrect but you don't have to be an *** to do it. You're attitude needs a bit of an adjustment. Stop provoking people!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I also have a single shot .22 that weighs in at over 30 pounds. You can find all kinds of obscure things to prove a point. I stand by my point that the information you gave in context to the question posed is still crap.

Now, I will digress and apologize to the sensitive folks on here.

Blog Entries

klickitat, your words no longer carry any weight on this forum.

Blog Entries

I'm going to let things rest. Think what you will.
    Nell, I hope you get the gun you're looking for. That's the most important thing!

If you had any decency you would have simply asked her where her information came from instead of jumping down her throat. It's one thing to discuss and debate. Quite something else to ridicule and insult. And then you have the gall to insult further by making snide remarks about the sensitive people. If I were a betting man, I'd bet you won't be around much longer.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The OP was in regards to a single shot and the weight of the gun relative to aiming the firearm. In regards to a single shot as posted by the OP. Ref. the .410, the chamber bore is much smaller than a larger shotgun. My HR .410 has a very thick chamber wall. Makes sense to me that in regards to single shot shotguns a .410 may weigh nearly the same as say a 12 gauge since the same reciever is used on both firearms. So it is absolutely not crap.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Just for comparison:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    klickitat, your words no longer carry any weight on this forum.
    Thanks, klkak....where I come from were just not so good with words! Rep coming your way!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I personally would not use a .410 to take a deer in the course of my normal hunting. I just would not be comfortable with it. That said, I have seen plenty taken with one. Just go over to Greybeards Ourdoors and look in the Handi Shotgun forums and you can see many posts and photos from this past season.
    I would prefer a .357mag or a .44 mag Rossi or Handi Rifle. The barrel can be cut back to 16" (as opposed to the 18" of a shotgun) to make then lighter. I have shot a few of the .357mag that were cut back to 16", and will be doing the same to mine soon. Recoil is easier than many a .410 that I have shot.
    Also, maybe try a pistol grip stock like the Survivor or the Varmint (ant least on the Handi).
    What about a Handgun? Or maybe a pistol caliber carbine (lever action or Semi-auto)?
    I do understand using what you are comfortable with though. The above ideas are just a suggestion.
    Last edited by aflineman; 01-14-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

my words were addressed more to everyone who let the crap slide than it was to the ignorant. Weather or not my words hold weight with an idiot makes no difference to me.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

my words were addressed more to everyone who let the crap slide than it was to the ignorant. Weather or not my words hold weight with an idiot makes no difference to me.
    There is one thing we demand around here. That's manners. I think you need to find some.

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Klkak, Not taking sides but you don't speak for me.

Blog Entries

klickitat
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Banned

Wow! Did I do that?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark