Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

I thought I had shown the color change hours ago, but I guess it was just for me, not everyone else.

So yes, I've made it this far on the colors, more tweaking is required. It is very very tedious, the colors. This new version doesn't have a good tool to control them like the old version. I basically get a list of a couple hundred variables and I get to play trial and error to see what controls what.

Well, the changes you've made so far make it much easier to read.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Me love the new colors, and the one click "Whats new". Well done Chris.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I thought I had shown the color change hours ago, but I guess it was just for me, not everyone else.

So yes, I've made it this far on the colors, more tweaking is required. It is very very tedious, the colors. This new version doesn't have a good tool to control them like the old version. I basically get a list of a couple hundred variables and I get to play trial and error to see what controls what.
    The coloras to my eye are perfect, too bad that you could not re-boot rick.

well it isn't perfect... like the

Post Quick Reply button just below the quick reply box... white text on a colored box with a white gradient top... hard to read.

Then the pagination...t his is where it gets stupid. I can set pagination background, and pagination font color. So I use the green background, and the white font color, it works... except for the part that actually says "Page 3 of 3" it only uses the font color setting, making it white on beige right now, hard to read.

That is a bug (imo) in the software though.

Little things like that I'm going to have to go through and hunt down.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can we use the pictures of actual buckets of dirt as the background?

Okay... the smaller text menu in the navbar, the first link is now "Today's Posts" instead of "New Posts" since "New Posts" was redundant with the big "What's New" button above.

Chris - now that you've added the wall paper, the green font just below the nav bar is obscured. I know it highlights it in a white box when the cursor is put over it, but if you don't already know it's there you may not find it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Temporary only crash... I guessed the wrong variable...

Oops. Got it now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see dirt!!

Home sweet home!

Chris - I just banned a spammer and moved his thread. I did not have an option for "no redirects".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

At the top of the thread you should see an administrative drop down box. The last option in my view is "Remove Redirects".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Whole version upgrades of a painstakingly configured/modified production system. fun stuff.

Thank you Chris. I hope this hasn't been too painful and it won't go unappreciated.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Can we get larger avatars?I want to actually see them.
    (G)
    Last edited by Reverend Greg; 01-12-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    "Once you have ruined your reputation you can live relatively free"

Blog Entries

Logged on this morning for my usual morning browse and what a surprise! I like it, now I'm awake.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Greg View Post
    Can we get larger avatars?I want to actually see them.
    (G)
    Maybe it's just my monitor, but everything is now easier to read for me. The "dead space" between the body of a post and the signature line is bigger, and it appears that the avatar is larger than before to me. I used to enlarge my display to 125% to make it easier to read and now it's at 100% and easier to read than before. Makes me feel younger.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I logged in first thing this morning for the first time. Good job Chris. When I went to reply to this thread, it made me log in again...

Also, there are some words in green that you have to highlight over to see at the top, like FAQs. Didn't know if you were aware or not.

Anyway, thanks for making things better!

*edit* - Looks like the words being obscured by the background occurred when I was not logged in.
    Last edited by Aurelius95; 01-12-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

I like this Chris!!! Prefer it to the original and most definitely prefer it to blue and white.
    Having worked on web site design before, I know that you've got to try a lot of different things to actually see what works.
    What looks good on paper doesn't necessarily transfer on screen. You've solved the big stuff. The small stuff is just a matter of tweaking the nuances.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius95 View Post
    I logged in first thing this morning for the first time. Good job Chris. When I went to reply to this thread, it made me log in again...

Also, there are some words in green that you have to highlight over to see at the top, like FAQs. Didn't know if you were aware or not.

Anyway, thanks for making things better!

*edit* - Looks like the words being obscured by the background occurred when I was not logged in.
    screenshot and browser version? Those words should be white on brown.