Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That level of fix is in the bowels of the forum. I'm not at all surprised that you'd be there but it's not something I can remedy. Chris will have to twik the tables or fix the forms or correct the code of whatever it is he does. It's all quite beneath me.
    Well, I'm sure you smart guys have noticed this, but every time I've seen the double words, it has been the last word of one line, and the first word of the next line.

Like....when you type, and get to the end of a line, while you are typing a word, it gets moved to the next line....'cept it forgets to remove that word from the first line.

Yeah.

Did that make any sense?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Well if you are using IE upgrade to Firefox, If you are using Firefox upgrade to Google Chrome.... SO much better and faster loading.I only use IE if nothing else is compatible.
    Because a survival situation carries an aura of timelessness, a survivor cannot allow himself to be overcome by it's duration or quality. A survivor accepts the situation as it is and improves it from that standpoint. Prologue from Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does the "go to first new post" button work for everybody else?

Not for me. Just goes to the top of the page the new post is on.

I haven't figured out how to use the 'Qoute and Reply' thing either. It seems to want to post directly under the post I want to quote, not at the end of the thread?

As far as letting Google run my browser, they are far to invasive in the world of things as it is and I don't like their practices. I'll stick to Firefox. Thanks.
    Last edited by LowKey; 01-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I haven't figured out how to use the 'Qoute and Reply' thing either. It seems to want to post directly under the post I want to quote, not at the end of the thread?
    After you hit reply it will add your post to the last post of the thread.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Under Quick links when i press subscribed threads, it says "404 NOT FOUND".
    Chari

"The past gives us experience and memories; the present gives us challenges and opportunities; the future gives us vision and hope."

William Arthur Ward

Also after I post now, it stays in my quick reply. I have to manually delete so it won't follow me around.
    Chari

"The past gives us experience and memories; the present gives us challenges and opportunities; the future gives us vision and hope."

William Arthur Ward

Chris, When I hit the manage attachments button I get a page with an upper and lower section. The upper sectionshows some of the pictures on my computer. The lower section is empty. Drag the pictures that you want to appear in your post to the lower box then click "Done". I get that part. The proplem I'm having is that not all of my pictures appear to be accessible. In my case I get 12 pages of pictures with 20 pictures per page. There is also a column on the left with "Home" in it. When I select that, it takes me to the first of the twelve pages. The Pictures folder on my computer contains tens of thousands of pictures.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

For most of these issues, right now, the answer is, I don't know.

I have lowered the minimum width by 200 pixels which should help lowkey's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have lowered the minimum width by 200 pixels which should help lowkey's problem.
    Thanks!
    (I sure am glad that lowkey brought that up.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

If you have a problem, 2D, just speak up. We're here to help.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

And if we can't help, we'l make something up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think we made him mad. We're just kiddin'.......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think we made him mad. We're just kiddin'.......
    Yeah, I know.
    The MIL stopped by....I had to entertain her for a little while! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    And if we can't help, we'l make something up.
    You mean like one of the first couple of times that I said something about the width issue, and Rick replied...."HUH???"?
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Well, if she has any trouble with the forum, tell her to let us know.

Yup that works Chris.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It might be helpful if you explain exactly what it is that you hate. If it's function, we may be able to help you with it. If it's form, then it might be something that Chris can address. If it's software, then there is probably not a lot that can be done.
    Mainly, I just do not like the look of it. I don't like the way the buttons look, I don't like the cutesy comic-book speech bubbles around the quoted text. I like the way everything looked before. The way it looks to me now actually feels like older software. For my eyes, it just somehow feels... hard to read.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Same here sgtdraino
    However,we had best get in step or move out,as I don't belive it will go back to the origina; format.