Thread: Score!!

Default Score!!

I just picked up an old JC Higgens .22LR bolt action with the tube magazine for $10.00! It looks like someone painted in with bed liner back in the early 80's but it works and will work even better with a refinish job and one $4.00 spring. I also got a H&R 929 9 shot .22LR revolver from the same guy for $65.00 in fantastic shape! I was definately a good Monday.

Mountaintrekker
    Regards,

Mountaintrekker
    BEAR CLAN
    "Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Nice finds.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Good deals!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned
    Blog Entries

I love the H&R 999 it is a classic. What barrel length 4" or 6".......?
    Last edited by Sourdough; 01-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Congrats, I just love the warm and fuzzy rescue stories.
    There are places to look up the JC Higgins, most likely made by a major maker.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The Numrich Arms company has a list of who made which of the store brand firearms.

As far as the truck bed liner goes, it is an extrememly durable fininsh. Most of the store brand guns had cheap beech stocks with no figure or claim to fame. I have never seen a refinish on one of the cheap guns that looked like it was worth the effort it had taken anyway. Just respray and shoot.

And remember, when everyone looks at the refinish photo and replies, "that looks like a great job!" they are just trying to be polite. They usually look like crap whittled out of a plank. I always get a kick out of the guys talking about the "great pattern" in their plywood AK stocks.

Also, does the moron that sold you these items have more? Possibly a 1911 for $50 or a Browning shotgun for $25?

Karma is going to kick the crap out of you!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The H&R is the little 2" barrel snubbie and no the guy doesn't have more guns this cheap... unfortunately. He is moving further up North and needed to sell off some stuff, he said this was just junk in his garage. I'm glad I caught the ad online before anyone else did and it so happens he lives in my town.
    I need to refinish the rifle as the paint/bedliner impedes proper function and the aluminum reciever and other parts need a little polishing as the oxidation is pretty bad.
    Some good cleaning and a new coat of flat black Krylon and oil in the proper spots will make this a nice truck/boat gun or a nice little trainer gun.

Mountaintrekker
    Regards,

Mountaintrekker
    BEAR CLAN
    "Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal."