Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prices are going up!

Yep. You've got to rotate your supply. I rotate mine annually (sounds like AS does it quarterly). You can use stabilizer to prolong it some, but I prefer rotation.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Yep. You've got to rotate your supply. I rotate mine annually (sounds like AS does it quarterly). You can use stabilizer to prolong it some, but I prefer rotation.
    Both especially is you are going to mix it for 2 stroke applications.

Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    Both especially is you are going to mix it for 2 stroke applications.
    Mixed gas is the only gas I have ever had storage problems with. I only mix one gallon at a time and store gas and oil seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Mixed gas is the only gas I have ever had storage problems with. I only mix one gallon at a time and store gas and oil seperately.
    Same here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ditto on the mix. About the only thing I use that for is my power blower and weed eater so I don't go through much mixed gas. A gallon will usually most of the summer. I do stabilize and rotate my regular gas.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ditto on the mix. About the only thing I use that for is my power blower and weed eater so I don't go through much mixed gas. A gallon will usually most of the summer. I do stabilize and rotate my regular gas.
    (Snort, Chuckle)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I told you we had beans for New Years. Whadya expect?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I told you we had beans for New Years. Whadya expect?
    Dead fish and birds falling out of the sky in Arkansas?

That wasn't me. That there was them chemtrails.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitomountainman View Post
    Pretty much our plans as well. We're planning to take the motorcycle when we can't use bicycles and only use the pickup or Cherokee when nothing else will do.
    We haven't had a vehicle for the past four years or so and manage to get by with a mix of truck sharing, hitchhiking and taking the bus.
    Actions speak louder than words

when gasoline prices skyrocketed last time, our fuel bill increased 6 to 7 hundred dollars a month. write off sure, painless no frigging way. write offs are not free.

then by the time gas settled down and stabilized other costs went through the roof. one of the main costs was insurance. any price increase we implemented was spent on other raising costs. it's not always as simple as it seems.
    Last edited by randyt; 01-03-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added text

My wife and I had this discussion the week between Christmas and New Years. We are on a fixed income and with the holidays we had more month then we had money. She was saying we we poor,

We had food, shelter, clothing, bills were paid, no one knocking on our door with thier hand held out. Etc. I shared with her that we wern't poor we were just broke.

Everything turned out alright.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    when gasoline prices skyrocketed last time, our fuel bill increased 6 to 7 hundred dollars a month. write off sure, painless no frigging way. write offs are not free.

then by the time gas settled down and stabilized other costs went through the roof. one of the main costs was insurance. any price increase we implemented was spent on other raising costs. it's not always as simple as it seems.
    With the high or high gas prices we will do what we did last time. No excess going to town. Only when there is no other choice. No jeep trips, Long miliage vacations.

I know you all noticed when gas was so high last time all the oil companies posted very high profit earning. When people quit driving except when neccessary it took a while but the gas prices tumbled.
    Supply and demand still works
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

1. Obama's health care bill that passed acts just like a tax. It requires employers to purchase more health care than they can afford, which raises prices for you and me. When prices are raised, people buy less, and other people lose their jobs because sales are down.

2. Prices of food are going up in Michigan also. But prices of electronics keep falling as usual. Also prices of clothing have been going down, but I suspect more clothing mfrs simply move production to China. I can get a pair of jeans for $10 on a minor sale.

3. When the price of gas goes up the price of everything goes up, because gas is used to transport goods all around the country. When the price of oil goes up, the price of plastic items go up, because many plastics are made from oil.

4. I'm paying more of my healthcare premiums than ever before in my life. I must pay at least $200 per month just in premiums, but they are deducted pre-tax. That doesn't include copays.

All of these things add up to more layoffs and fewer jobs. What can I say? In 2008 the American voters voted for fewer jobs and higher taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    What can I say? In 2008 the American voters voted for fewer jobs and higher taxes.
    I think people voted against a lot of stuff and what they got as a bonus is higher taxes and fewer jobs.
    Any time outrage is the primary motivating factor in making choices, the final outcome usually turns into a buying remorse. That has always been our MO.

You can't blame the economy on an election, any election. The ball was already rolling downhill in 2008.

You're absolutely right...and I don't.
    But you can't deny that HC and other new expenditures added insult to injury.

What I noticed is when Obama was elected the price of gas dropped and now that republicans are gaining control the price of gas is back on the rise. That's the fact! I'm not sure if there is a connection, but that's the reality of the situation.

You can't blame the economy on an election, any election. The ball was already rolling downhill in 2008.
    True, but you can blame the causes and speed of recovery on policies enacted by those that were elected (both parties).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Don't disagree with any of the comments. The debt has increased not decreased since the election. I was just pointing out the election was not the cause of the down cycle.