Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convience Store Robbery

Banned

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I'd pull out my 1911 and chop him down to size.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'd leave him pine-ing for to days before he crossed me!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Well, leaf it to us to make jokes about this. Be honest, What wood you do if this ash pole came after you?
    I thought about this. I'd have tried to grab the far end and hold tight. The stick was far too long for the confined area. With a grip on one end he'd have had to make some decisions. I would have had some control of his movement unless he let go. (And I'd keep pulling, pushing, moving and twisting on the stick to keep him off balance.) With him at a distance the counter would have been a good barrier. If he let got I'd have the stick. If he held on he'd never make it over the counter because you could keep him off balance. If the clerk had dialed 911 and dropped the phone the standard procedure for the dispatcher is to send someone to investigate.

We have seven kids. Three are male and we liked to "play" with sticks - n - stuff when they were growing up. We have one daughter with a black belt in Tae Kwon Do also. Incidentally, Cold Steel makes some synthetic, plastic type "swords" that are nearly indestructible. They won't break on hard impact like the wooden ones will. If the guy had used a shorter stick or two short ones he'd have had a far greater tactical advantage in the close quarters. Out in the open a stick that size would be nice. In a small, cluttered place like that it's a liability. He couldn't even strike down below the level of the counter with it unless he was standing on the counter. Then he might have still had interference from the ceiling. The key to keeping him off the counter would be to keep him off balance (hence getting control of the other end of the stick).

I'm no martial arts expert but you wouldn't have to be for what happened in the store.

Well I could think of some "pun-ny" remarks involving ninja Beavers and Termites, But I think I'll just "leave" well enough alone....

I heard that in a separate report police are asking Emergency rooms to report anyone coming in with splinters be reported to Police HQ immediately.....