Thread: Hi from Ohio

Default Hi from Ohio

Name is Bakies. Originally from the hills here in Ohio, moved to the city years ago, but recently moved to some flat farm area back here in Ohio and kept finding tracks around my house. I was not sure what they were so I got on here last night to see if anyone could help. We see a lot of coyotes out in the horse fields and wheat fields that surround us. We don't have any close neighbors where we are so I just got a little curious since they were completely surrounding our house just inches from the walls. I grew up in the woods but left for the city 13 years ago. It's amazing how much I've forgotten about nature and animals. But we're happy to finally be back out in the country where we're surrounded by all types of animals instead of people. (No offense people ) It's absolutely amazing how it's improved our quality of life tenfold. Anyway, thanks for answering my post about the tracks, even if I do feel stupid for finding out they were probably just dog tracks! I'll probably ask some more "stupid" questions sometimes.

Happy New Year everyone!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome........

Banned

Hello and welcome

Welcome mate!

Welcome to the forum.

howdy..........................

Hello and welcome. You've no doubt heard the expression that there is no such thing as a stupid question. I'm here to tell you that that statement is false. I ask them all the time.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home. The only stupid question is the one never asked.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks! It's good to be back in the country. I grew up some in Minnesota too and I do have to say I miss it there. All that water and fishing...well Ohio can't compare. No offense Ohio. Not sure we'll stay in Ohio forever. I'd like to be back near more water eventually. Our great lakes area is too crowded here and I wouldn't eat anything that comes out of the Ohio river. This time last year I was so desperate to get out of the city that we were serioulsy thinking of buying a van or small motorhome and going on the road permanently. Gas prices are just a little too high for that though. So we found this place and we'll stick it out for a while and see what the future brings.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Welcome home. The only stupid question is the one never asked.
    Yea, you keep telling yourself that Rick! Lots of stupid questions out there.

How about the one that starts a new thread to ask something that was just answered in the last thread?

And then there was the "banned bimilennial wonder" who was full of stupid answers to questions that had not been asked. Does that count?

Oh yea, I forgot.

Welcome to the forum Bakiesj.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

But if you have a stupid question that is asked and compare it to a stupid question not asked you'll find that the level of stupid, comparatively speaking, is somewhat less than those stupid answers to questions never asked. I think.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Rick,after that, my head hurts.
    Hello and welcome!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Welcome Bakies, it's nice to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    But if you have a stupid question that is asked and compare it to a stupid question not asked you'll find that the level of stupid, comparatively speaking, is somewhat less than those stupid answers to questions never asked. I think.
    If we didn't take an occasional hit of stupid we'd never appreciate a tap of smart.

Hunter63, saying, Hey, Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bakiesj View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcome!
    You are welcome for the welcome..............