Thread: $50 gift card to Great Outdoor Provision Post. What should I buy?

Default $50 gift card to Great Outdoor Provision Post. What should I buy?

I got a $50 gift card in my stocking for Great Outdoor Provision Post. What do you guys think I should get with it?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

What? No poll?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

A present for me? My birthday is coming up next year.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Argh, you guys suck! I'm going today and this advice is CRAP!

I'm thinking about getting some sort of portable water purifier, but I'm not dead set on it. I don't normally browse at that store (because they're expensive), so I'm not positive about what they have/don't have.

Suggestions?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Sorry Sgtdraino but I have never even heard of that store, much less any idea of what they carry.

I thought it was a great suggestion (sniff).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Argh, you guys suck! I'm going today and this advice is CRAP!

I'm thinking about getting some sort of portable water purifier, but I'm not dead set on it. I don't normally browse at that store (because they're expensive), so I'm not positive about what they have/don't have.

Suggestions?
    Kind of like a computer. Garbage in, garbage out. YOU want advice. YOU name a store that most here have never heard of. YOU list none of YOUR needs or desires. YOU cannot make up YOUR mind. ......and yet the advice you received is crap? Maybe you should buy a clue if they have them in stock?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

don't know if this is the same company or not, but a dry sack would eat up most of your gift certificate, and most people don't have a dry sack until it too late, I know I need one. http://greatoutdoorprovision.com/pdt...ummit-drysack/

I do keep spare cloths in a dry bag. They are pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by tipacanoe View Post
    don't know if this is the same company or not, but a dry sack would eat up most of your gift certificate, and most people don't have a dry sack until it too late, I know I need one. http://greatoutdoorprovision.com/pdt...ummit-drysack/
    Good idea!

ETA: Wait a sec, it won't work if submerged?

What makes this better than a heavy-duty garbage bag?

Good idea!

It has a fancy name lable on it, that will make the other people who shop at that store think you're cool. LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned

Good idea!

Durability, and good ones will indeed work if submerged. Now if you'd said, "heavy-duty garbage bag wrapped in duck/duct tape" that might have been different.

Well, I shot my wad!

I ended up getting another Tilley hat. Already have a tan one, and it's my favorite hat of all time! Now I also have an OD green one.