Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivalist Communities and Clubs???

colonies of moonbats.....

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    Is not every town and every community (even Los Anchorage) a coming together for common good, the common survival. What is different about 300 people paying $3,000.- per year for retreat dues, and people paying $3,000.- in property tax, for police protection, fire protection, Etc.

Why not move to Kansas....lot's of grain, cattle, wild game, few people, low taxes, and farmers are true "PROFESSIONAL SURVIVALIST"..........?????
    The difference is this, (and I have spoken to a lot of cops in the area) When the SHTF they, if they aren't on duty, are staying home to take care of their family. The same goes for the firefighters. But then most of these people don't live in the town/city they work in.
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    The difference is this, (and I have spoken to a lot of cops in the area) When the SHTF they, if they aren't on duty, are staying home to take care of their family. The same goes for the firefighters. But then most of these people don't live in the town/city they work in.
    While I'm sure that there is anecdotal evidence to your claim (maybe it's because they don't live in the city), I believe that far more first responders would rush to do their job and try to stabalize any situation. Look at NYPD and FDNY during the attacks of 9/11. I realize that there were reports during Katrina of NOPD members taking off or even participating in the chaos, but those numbers, while making a compelling news story, were relatively small.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Not disagreeing with you Crash but those are two very different scenarios compared with the SHTF. Katrina happened in NOLA a city known for corrupt government. The scenario presented left many officers, firefighter, EMTs with no place to live. The smart thing for them to do would be to go to work and have all needs met.
    9/11 was for the most part an isolated incident in NY. The city ordered them to work.
    When the SHTF I may go to work, I may not. It depends on if I know I will get home from work. What is going on? Is their a cure for it (Bioterrorism)?
    Is it an isolated event that will not spread out?
    It is something that we will not know until it happens.

Not saying you are wrong, just saying that the circumstances in those scenarios were unique.
    Jeff
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

That was my point. They were two entirely different situations...and yes, in most emergencies personnel that are deemed essential will be on some sort of mandatory recall. We look back now at NYC and say it was isolated. We didn't know it at the time, and yet most first responders did their job. In New Orleans the hurricane was something that people had time to prepare for and most first responders did their job (even with the corruption that they were famous for). There will always (maybe often) be examples of individuals that do not do their job, but IMO for the most part they will.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Ahem!!!

Here's something to think about since this seems to be a spin-off of my earlier thread "Did you ever stop to consider..." Ask yourself the following questions:

1.) What would it take for a complete GLOBAL breakdown to occur, not just in America as then other countries would want to come in & take over?

2.) What do you really know about any of the people who post on here about their groups, their "safe places", etc.? Anybody ever read the book: "Helter Skelter?"

3.) If this ever did happen, who could you really trust?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Here's something to think about since this seems to be a spin-off of my earlier thread "Did you ever stop to consider..." Ask yourself the following questions:

1.) What would it take for a complete GLOBAL breakdown to occur, not just in America as then other countries would want to come in & take over?

2.) What do you really know about any of the people who post on here about their groups, their "safe places", etc.? Anybody ever read the book: "Helter Skelter?"

3.) If this ever did happen, who could you really trust?
    One word. Pandemic

We average a pandemic every 60 years. We are WAY overdue. With our modern means of transportation a somalian could sneeze at noon and by midnight it could be on the guy serving me a whopper.
    EMT Instructor

<<scribbles in notebook - under "Reasons not to eat in fast food joint>> Guy in fast food joint potentially contaminated.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We (meaning the U.S.) are the consumers of the world. When we start cutting back on our consumption the rest of the world feels it because we don't make a lot of the things here in the US that we consume. So those countries that do make these products feel the squeeze. If/when our economy collapses the rest of the world (at least the manufacturing nations) will go down with us. The 3rd and 4th world won't be affected, at least not until the next world war breaks out. Then everyone will be in hell!
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

Question Whaaattt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45 View Post
    One word. Pandemic

We average a pandemic every 60 years. We are WAY overdue. With our modern means of transportation a somalian could sneeze at noon and by midnight it could be on the guy serving me a whopper.
    So the whole world crashes? So what happened here in the US 60 years ago? I was alive in 1949 & don't remember any GLOBAL TOTAL BREAKDOWN, not to mention one in country other than the Polio epedemic, but then the Saulk vaccine came out and no one was bugging out! Then there was the "Atom Bomb scare" & some people were building bomb shelters that they never used! What ARE you talking about?
    Last edited by Sarge47; 02-15-2009 at 10:50 PM. Reason: forgot something.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I am talking about a plague type bug. The sort of thing that will end up with the government telling you you aren't allowed to leave town. The sort of bug that kills off a third of the worlds population.
    EMT Instructor

Blog Entries

Two things are for certain:

The End Of The World As We Know It will happen. (TEOTWAWKI)

When It Does I Wont Be Here. (WIDIWBH)
    Last edited by klkak; 02-16-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I am talking about a plague type bug. The sort of thing that will end up with the government telling you you aren't allowed to leave town. The sort of bug that kills off a third of the worlds population.
    Great..... more room for the rest of us! It's the them that are gonna die, right? Not us?
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

Cool Ah, but...

...you said "every 60 years", remember? Who/ what are your sources for all of this knowledge? Especially about the "plauge bug"? Where are you getting your info?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Wait a minute. A third of the world's population is killed by some sort of pandemic every 60 years? Alrighty then.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Talking Hey....!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Wait a minute. A third of the world's population is killed by some sort of pandemic every 60 years? Alrighty then.
    wasn't there a movie about that with Dustin Hoffman.....?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I was thinking Andromeda Strain, but that was just a town. You're probably right.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Crash, your work as an exterminator wouldn't extend towards colonies of moonbats, would it?? ...... people are getting stranger by the day.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I have several business accounts and I am always asked if I have something strong enough for a pesky co-worker. Hmmmm diversification.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Heh, yeah.... must be something in the water for people to be wigging out so badly. ooohhh... another conspiracy theory... something in the water... yeah... SNERRTTT!!! Probably Jim Beam...LOL!
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous