Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen names

Blog Entries

Default Screen names

I was looking through the members list and noticing screen names. I was just wondering what the story behind some of the names is. Most of them are self explanatory but some are....................,

For instance: My screen name is klkak. (klk) are my initials and (ak) is where I live.

But others are just weird others are plain bizarre.

Why did you folks pick the names you are using?
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Way back in the dark ages (1999) I wanted a camp with some land in the western mountains. The first "deal" we came up with was some leased land with an old mobile home on it. It was a POS and less than a year later we lost the lease because someone else was growing pot on the property. The owners knew we had nothing to do with it but their insurance company was pushing to drop the leases. None of that really matters except the old mobile home had the house number "10" by the door. After finding new land and moving the place twice, it is still my camp and the "10" is still on the place. It was known as "backdraft" (and that name carries a much better story)but to me it has been camp10 from day 1.

Banned

I stole mine from that insurance guy .... but I am much better looking

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Blog Entries

The names that just crack me up are the ones I think were meant to be impressive.

Shadowninjaspiderwolf
    No one has this name yet, but you get the idea.

Mine comes from a submarine maneuver (no longer used in modern submarine warfare). The 123 was because the first time I registered someplace using that name I had to use numbers as part of the name.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Mine comes from a submarine maneuver (no longer used in modern submarine warfare). The 123 was because the first time I registered someplace using that name I had to use numbers as part of the name.
    So if its no longer used then what do they do? Bend over and kiss thier......oh never mind.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Mine is Sour Dough, Because I am Sour on Alaska, but not enough Dough to afford to leave. Hehehehehe

I picked "hunter" while filling out a profile, quite a while ago, and of course someone had "1" so I just picked a number "63".
    Didn't think I would use it, till I was 63,(almost) but hey, been using it for a while.

I wonder about some of the names myself, sometines, and seems the weirdest ones....are?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Reverend Greg....On the HAMB Forum...Im Reverand Greg...It is an allusion to the non forum type car I used to have...It rev's not like the old Flatheads and V-8's They Are always talking about.Also Ive got a ministers Licence...paid $35.On any other sites I use the correct spelling.Kinda just my weirdness coming out...
    (G)

Blog Entries

Cool Here we go again!

Seems like once a year or so, somebody asks this question. I've already answered it several times but for the newbies I'll do it again 'cuz that's the kind of guy I am. '47 is my year of birth & when I was a kid I used to play war games all the time. I was always called the "Sarge" by the other kids so there ya go. I belong to several other, non-survival" type sites & have different screen names there.

BTW, Kevin won't use his Native American name which is "Bigolsillyheehee;" which means "He who falls out of canoe into very cold water.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 12-12-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

OK this may take some 'splaining...so bear with me. I used Pocomoonskyeyes cause I've tried using my nicname getting E-mail addresses and such it has always been taken when I tried, Guess I'm not the only "Melman" in the world. So now I don't even try it anymore.
    Pocomoonskyeyes is actually My Stallion's registered name (we just call him sky)Since it is so unusual in itself I just always use it as it certainly not going to be used by someone else. Now to explain the reasoning behind HIS name....
    Poco is in both his Sire's and Dam's names(This is usually a reference to the Poco Bueno line in stock type horses and is the case with him too) Now for the rest of his name.... He has Partial blue eyes, in one the blue is in a crescent shape, like a crescent moon. So the "Sky" is for the blue color, and I think you can follow the logic in his name now Poco also is Spanish for small or little. Sooo.... little moon(shaped) Sky(Blue) eyes. Since you are limited in number of letters and spaces in registered horses names I just ran it all together. Pocomoonskyeyes. He is a registered Paint and as Paints (at least in the movies) are usually associated with American Indians, I wanted a name that would reflect that association. So using some traits that are peculiar to him and him alone is how his (and mine) name came about.

Phew!!! That's a LOT of 'splaining!!!

The REAL Pocomoonskyeyes

Last edited by Pocomoonskyeyes3; 12-12-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    '47 is my year of birth:

WOWIE......you are really OLD.

It's my name. Actually, Rebecca was supposed to be my name. I sure fooled them, huh?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I live in KY,

And there was an incident several years back involving a rat in the closet and a .38 spl shot load.

My X never asked me to make a noise stop in the middle of the night again!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Seems like once a year or so, somebody asks this question. I've already answered it several times but for the newbies I'll do it again 'cuz that's the kind of guy I am. '47 is my year of birth & when I was a kid I used to play war games all the time. I was always called the "Sarge" by the other kids so there ya go. I belong to several other, non-survival" type sites & have different screen names there.

BTW, Kevin won't use his Native American name which is "Bigolsillyheehee;" which means "He who falls out of canoe into very cold water.
    Oh you are so funny and so wrong. My Native name is "Alone he walks". So Ha!

It used to be "two walking together" but there was that incident with the eggs, bread and milk (snort, chortle).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Bene Esse in Latin means well-being.
    Therefore...Benesse.
    That's what I most care about.

Oooooooh. I thought it was the opposite of "been tough". Sorry.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Kevins real native name is: Hewho'freezeWieneroff

Great! Another German.