Thread: Wayfaring Stranger

Default Wayfaring Stranger

Besides being a song I have sang to my boys since they were babies (and they can now sing themselves). It is in a way an apt description of me. Well the way I view myself anyways.

Since I was old enough to leave home I have almost always been on the move. First with the military, Then later the longest I have ever stayed in the same place was a whopping 4 years.(No I wasn't a president, or other elected official LOL) I've just always sort of drifted with the winds of fate. Lately it seems that this trait even followed my habits here on the interwebs..... always something new to see or do, Some new people to meet and such. I have little doubt that in days of old I would have been much the same...... a drifter, a searcher, an adventurer, wanderer, or .... wayfarer. Some of you may feel the same.

Just thought that maybe an explanation of my recent absence may be in order. But I do come back and check in every now and then.

Oh ... and the song, for those that may have never heard it......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZ52...eature=related

Hey Poco! I've been wondering why you haven't been showing up on here, and started to type a "Where's Poco" post here earlier today, but didn't finish it (got distracted by a sick kid.)

Glad to see you here!

I am the same way online..spend a lot of time, then don't spend much at all. Or, I come in and lurk around w/o logging in, which is what I've been doing more recently.

Glad all is okay with you and thanks for checking in!

Hey man, glad ya stopped by.
    Cool song, as well, seems to me that was done by the Brothers Four, Letter Men, Limelighters or some one like that back in the 50's......Man really showing my age, LOL.

It's good you stop by every once in a while.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good to see you, my friend. Glad everything is okay on your side of the creek.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Great Song Poco. I know it well.
    Glad to hear things are well.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

It's so good to see you back, Poco!
    I enjoyed seeing you and your family in the Jamboree pics. Those are a couple of precious looking boys!

Blog Entries

same here brother. its good to take a break sometimes. And damit you made me do some thinking. And i realized i havent lived more then 2 years in the same spot since i was a kid. The adventure continues.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Blog Entries

Oh B i guarantee those boys are hell raisers.
    ov the best kind of course.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Good to see you stopping by. Do it more often if you are able - we like your company.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

What everyone else said! Don't be such a stranger.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Good to hear from you! Hope all is well! The link you posted also has some well done Christmas songs! Thanks!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Great to see you posting again Poco!
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Hey guys. As you all know the last time I was on here was when we were going to the Jamboree. A lot has happened since then.

To be frank with you all the farm Mel and I were renting to own was sold out from under us while we were there. We came back and in two days time it had switched hands. Mel and I at the time had 7 horses.

I had to find homes for three of them which hurt. Cinnamon the little sorrel mare I had is in FL, Caddo Cinnamon's baby is in GA, and Dee is 12 miles from me. They are all doing good and went to good homes. Not a whole has changed.

Mel and I can stay here but I think we both want to move it just isn't the same so not sure what our future holds. As far as Christmas we aren't doing much this year. One is because of my job not sure if I will still have a job in January or not. I should though at least I hope.

Just thought I should pop in here and give you all an update not a real good one but it is the biggest reason why I don't come on much anymore. I pop in just to see what else is going on but don't say anything.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Sorry to hear about the farm. Keep your chin up. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks Crash. Maybe it is time for a change for us.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

I use to live in that part of kentucky, it can be tough finding work but tomorrow is a new day. good luck and hang in there.