Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy gun laws.

Default Crazy gun laws.

How would you like to go to jail for 7 years, for having two legally purchased, unloaded, locked, handguns....in the trunk of your car.

Gotta love Jersey!

Aitken had purchased the guns legally in Colorado, and he passed an FBI background check when he bought them, his father said. And he said Brian also contacted New Jersey State Police before moving back back home to discuss how to properly transport his weapons. But despite those good-faith efforts, he said, Brian was convicted on weapons charges and sent to prison in August.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/02...s-experts-say/

(Sorry PAL.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yet but another reason I'm from New Jersey and not in New Jersey.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now I will admit, it sounds like there is more to the story, than what is in the article.....but still!!! Dang!
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

The article makes several good points. It's hard to know from location to location what the laws are. My wife is going to Ohio tomorrow and I've been sitting here researching their laws because they don't honor Indiana CCW. We honor theirs but do they honor ours? Noooooooooooo.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You want to try living in Massachusetts???
    Anything bought out of state has to pass thru FFLs AND they have to be on The Roster.
    The Roster is an Attorney General's and Executive Office of Public Safety's list of guns 'approved' for use in MA. It's based under 'Consumer Protection' so it skirts, 'gun control ban' and some gun companies just refuse to submit pieces for test. It's not worth it to them to 'comply' with one state's rules. You can't buy new Savage Arms, some Kimbers, some Colts, and some Glocks here (actually several others too). Only ones that can be proved to have been in this state pre-ban if it's not on the Roster.
    The Roster is published twice a year and changes constantly.
    And you all think CA is bad...

If you want to take a look, here are the Roster PDFs
    download at your own risk.
    http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssubt...ters&sid=Eeops
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-03-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    You want to try living in Massachusetts???
    No thank you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This was and is a travesty. It was covered quite extensively when it happened here. The state continues to do everything possible to make life miserable. There is still a slight chance that he will be pardoned, fingers crossed for him. Another amongst many why Iwill be out of here soon
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I would have thought 1967 Delta 88s would have been on the roster, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Even if he is pardoned, he still has that 'conviction'. Makes you ineligible for a license, doesn't it?

Banned

I guess its kind of like taking booze into some of those dry Alaska villages,, ?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post

Me too..

Our "Just Us" system is broken.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I would have thought 1967 Delta 88s would have been on the roster, too.
    HeHe....I get it! It took a minute, but I got it. LOL

I guess I'm off to a slow start, this morning. I tried to log on, and it told me that I had used an invalid user name........turns out I mispelled "dumb".
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Looks like Mom got her revenge.

Ya, I was thinking that too.
    Nothing worse than a woman scorned...

FROM is the key word here. And I am so glad I'm from Jersey. But then I am in California and it has the same stupid law as the Massholes do. If these morons we call politicians (from the Greek poli - meaning many and ticks - means blood sucking vermin) don't like the frame work of our country maybe they should find some turd world country and form it in their image!
    I know what hunts you.

Wait! You moved from Mass to Cali? You're a masochist at heart aren't you?

He's just trying to ween himself off of it slowly. Going cold turkey is difficult for some folks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    If these morons we call politicians (from the Greek poli - meaning many and ticks - means blood sucking vermin) don't like the frame work of our country maybe they should find some turd world country and form it in their image!
    Sorry Sarky, POLIS is the greek term for city, city state or citizenship.

As far as taking a third world nation and shaping it to our image, we already did that. It was called the United States. The organizing document still exists but is being ignored at present.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Haha i love IN for a reason, you can conceal a handgun and carry it into a bank if you have a license. A friend of my dad's even owns many automatic rifles. If you get caught doing anything "illegal" while deer hunting, you say "i'm coyote hunting" and you get off without a hitch. Gotta love hoosier gun laws!
    I can fix anything with my 12 Gauge and my big knife

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Even if he is pardoned, he still has that 'conviction'. Makes you ineligible for a license, doesn't it?
    I'm not sure but if he's pardoned or has his conviction over turned his rights should be restored. But I'm not sure.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.