Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kilts

that is just plain wrong. plane wrong and palain wrong. don't be knockin' on my door wearin' a skirt and no underwear I don't care what sex you are. If you are a dude it will get you killed. If you are a girl it will get me killed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It's Saturday night and a fine Scotsman friend of mine got all dressed up... Kilt and all .. He went out to party , all night and on he's way home he went to sleep in a ditch. Well , now it's Sunday mourning and a young lass is on her way to Church . She see the Scotsman laying in the ditch and thinks , I have never seen what is under a man's kilt before , so she pulls up the kilt and there he is in all he's ..MANLY GLORY ,.. OOO MY ......SOOO.. she pulls a blue ribbon from her hair and tie it around him ...and off to Church she goes .... A little latter the ..Scotsman gets up and ..filling the call of nature like any man would , he pulls back he's kilt and looks drown , and says ..I don't know were you've been , I don't know what you've been doing ..... But I am glad you came in first place. ..... Please do not be upset Tony ,as this is the only clean joke I know
    Last edited by Smok; 01-29-2008 at 04:48 AM.
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    It's Saturday night and a fine Scotsman friend of mine got all dressed up... Kilt and all .. He went out to party , all night and on he's way home he went to sleep in a ditch. Well , now it's Sunday mourning and a young lass is on her way to Church . She see the Scotsman laying in the ditch and thinks , I have never seen what is under a man's kilt before , so she pulls up the kilt and there he is in all he's ..MANLY GLORY ,.. OOO MY ......SOOO.. she pulls a blue ribbon from her hair and tie it around him ...and off to Church she goes .... A little latter the ..Scotsman gets up and ..filling the call of nature like any man would , he pulls back he's kilt and looks drown , and says ..I don't know were you've been , I don't know what you've been doing ..... But I am glad you came in first place. ..... Please do not be upset Tony ,as this is the only clean joke I know
    So thats where that ribbon came from, Interesting.........
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

<Raises hand> Fellow kilt wearer here - I'm with you Beo, thon utilikilt things are an abomination, so they are.

Mine however, tecknically belongs to the Pipe Band for whom I drum, and I suspect the Pipe Major would have a hairy fit if he found out I'd been out in the woods in it. I got into enough trouble when I spilled Guinness on it last St. Patrick's Day.

(And yes, I'm a Scot and no, I don't wear grundies under me kilt)

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    'fraid I don't know who wrote it but...

Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar on evening fair
    And one could tell by how we walked that he drunk more than his share
    He fumbled round until he could no longer keep his feet
    Then he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street
    Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh
    He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

About that time two young and lovely girls just happend by
    And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye
    See yon sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built
    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt
    I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be
    Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see
    And there behold, for them to see, beneath his Scottish skirt
    Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth
    Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth

They marveled for a moment, then one said we must be gone
    Let's leave a present for our friend, before we move along
    As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon, tied into a bow
    Around the bonnie star, the Scots kilt did lift and show
    Around the bonnie star, the Scots kilt did lift and show

Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled towards a tree
    Behind a bush, he lift his kilt and gawks at what he sees
    And in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes.
    O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize
    O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize

whhhhheeeeewwwwww.

Catfish ...mush better then me Ring ding

Surreptitious Watchman Kemperor's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with kilt wearing. Shoot, most traditional kilts I've seen are way too expensive for my budget. I'd still like one, even though I don't believe I have any Scottish in me, for its utilitarian purposes. If it keeps you warm in the winter while you're not wearing underwear, then hey, I'm game. Nothing wrong with hanging free and staying warm at the same time.

furthermore, I don't blame Beo for getting defensive, if it were something related to German, Dutch, or Native American tradition, I'd get a little defensive too.

Blog Entries

Canid I was talking about this statement: there are at least anecdotal reports of these being used to enshroud and dismount mounted calvary. I need a reference for this as I have well over sixty books on the Scottish Regiments and the Highland people and there is not one reference to that ever happening. And I meant no offense to what you said it came out all wrong sorry bro.

Catfish I'm with ya bro, the utility kilt is a frig'n joke and a mockery of the Scottish & Irish Kilt. I am a piper for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Pipes & Drums (play bass and snare when needed) and have a Hmilton kilt, also have my family kilt (Irish) and were it sometimes when trekking. You gotta remember I do Historical Trekking though.

Smok I know you meant no offense to the traditional kilt and didn't take it ike that. Sorry if I made you feel that way.

And thanks Kemperor.

Long live the KILT!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I wonder if they make them in shocking pink?

I see where a kilt would make a man feel very manly. I mean you either have to be a real man to wear one or carry a matching purse.

I considered wearing one once. The idea of falling down and showing changed my mind. I do not think the pointing and laughing from strangers would be a good thing!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

i can't find a reference to it's use in print myself, but have heard it before at SCA/ren-faire events which is why i said anecdotal. i'm still going to look for a reference, since if i had a 4-5 yard length of fabric in a battle against calvary, i'd use it that way
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Boe ...All is good

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    When trekking and wearing my kilt I have on leggings either wool or deer skin, and have been in many pubs, bars, and taverns, in the north and south and have never had a problem with anyone, and I played my bagpipes for the 101st Airborne in my kilt for the funeral of a friend on post, and most women like them on a man. Its not about skirts, its about pride in heritage. As for what is worn underneath... ladies only to find out.
    And Rick... I thought you of all people around here would back me on this, where is my boy Trax when I need him

Rock the kilt man... who cares what these people say.... i dont have one... but ill tell you this, if i did, hell i would were it all the time and i would go commando...
    isnt the 101st "air assault" now, not airborne?

i have tried the bagpipes once, holy crap. boy is it hard..... i couldnt keep it going for more than 30 seconds. and after 5 minutes of trying to get the feel for it i was so dizzy and light headed... props to you.

PS. Scottish pride
    If you see a man covered in tattoos in the mountains with old gear duct taped together, and he looks like he has not seen a city in many years...... well your wrong, thats just me pulling a weekend trip.

Listen, Narco - You aren't supposed to be gluing wood back on the tree while we're chopping. Okay? We're trying to shame him for cryin' out loud.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Thanks Narco, and I agree. Tough luck Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.