Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trampled on Black friday

Banned

Default Trampled on Black friday

Now this REALLY pi$$es me off !! These stores allow this crap,, I hope anyone injured sues the hell out of these places !! AND I think the Police should use this video and try to identify these A-holes that trampled this poor guy,, and charge them with assault !

When the doors opened at a North Buffalo Target store at 4:00 a.m. Friday morning, the relaxed crowed waiting outside turned into a chaotic mob.
    VIDEO http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2de_1290808778&p=1
    Last edited by Justin Case; 11-27-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: sp

They were going to a voucher method at a lot of stores. You are there for hours in line and they walk around and ask what item you are there for. They give you a voucher and when the store opens you go and exchange the voucher for the product.

Some stores forget WHY they went to that system.

My daughter said that some guy was reaching in for his third TV. He was grabbing them and handing them back to his wife and another guy. He shoved my daughter and my daughter said what the heck. He pushed her again and yelled that he was here first so back off. My daughter pushed him back and all of a sudden he wasn't the tough guy he thought he was. What do you do when your a bad arse like that and a 115 pound barbie puts you in your place.

I don't go to malls. I definitely don't go to Black Friday crap. Had I been there I certainly wouldn't have been able to maintain my composure. There'd of been a clean up on isle 5 and 6 and 7...

Its an annual event that someone gets trampled and the stores know it.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Why be upset with the stores? They didn't cause any of it. It's BS lawsuits targeting the wrong party that are causing so many of the problems we face. It's about time for a healthy dose of personal responsibility. Every idiot that caused an injury to another out of their own personal greed ought to be prosecuted criminally. All the store did was sell stuff cheap, and the idiots that lined up turned into a mob.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

hmm, i remember a product in popsci mag. an electric trench coat that "tased" anyone who touched you. sound nessisary?
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

+1 Crash!
    All this makes me think...if this is what happens under normal circumstances, you can only imagine the scenario under SHTF.
    I hope I never need (definitely don't want) anything bad enough to have to put up with this kind of madness.

The crowd outside the Target at 4:00 a.m. should have been the first tip off. There is nothing in Target I need to be there at 4:00 a.m. or fight that kind of crowd.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Why be upset with the stores? They didn't cause any of it. It's BS lawsuits targeting the wrong party that are causing so many of the problems we face. It's about time for a healthy dose of personal responsibility. Every idiot that caused an injury to another out of their own personal greed ought to be prosecuted criminally. All the store did was sell stuff cheap, and the idiots that lined up turned into a mob.
    Because they should be responsible for the safety of their customers,, !! Not much different than if they had left a spill on the floor and somebody slipped,, or whatever,, I agree with batch,, They should do the voucher thing AND have security there only allowing ONE damn person through the door at a time,,, Instead, they just open the door and run for their lives,,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. If people act stupid they are going to get hurt. The store isn't responsible for idiots pushing and shoving their way to get in. Folks have a responsibility to act like adults.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I have to agree with this 100%. The stores didn't make those people turn into gluttonous animals. I refuse to go out and deal with those types of people on Black Friday. Ugh...
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Because they should be responsible for the safety of their customers,, !! Not much different than if they had left a spill on the floor and somebody slipped,, or whatever,, I agree with batch,, They should do the voucher thing AND have security there only allowing ONE damn person through the door at a time,,, Instead, they just open the door and run for their lives,,
    Actually, one would think that adults should be responsible for their own safety. Most have probably been in that store and many more in the past. They know how wide the door is and the number of people there inline. And when the door opens the morons think they can all fit in at once!!! Hmmm, just another example of a potential culling of the mindless and usless. reinforces my thoughts that the majority of the public will winnow themselves out when things get tough
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Banned

I am responsible for peoples safety that come onto my property,,, Right?

Only in maintaining your property (so that people don't get hurt tripping over stuff, for example) not in predicting how morons act at any given time.

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

like say...someone sharpening a knife the wrong way.....
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

If you feel that way fine. On my property, you take your chances. I would feel bad if someone got hurt, but I have stuff on my property that can hurt or kill you (especially if you do not use it as intended, like a doorway). But then again, my place has "NO Trespassing" signs posted all over the place.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

I'm with Crash on this one.
    I also don't go out on Black Friday. I was in a Walmart today and noticed they still had rental fencing up outside the door (zigzag line style). I asked the girl at the register if they really had to use it and she said they were out there Thursday night waiting. Don't people have better things to be doing on a Thanksgiving evening than standing out in the freezing cold waiting for a Walmart to open...

Blog Entries

Cool And...

I have a nephew serving in the Army, currently stationed at Ft, Bragg down in N.C.. Don't know how true this is but he says that the area down there is basically a Ghetto that's had so much violence on Black Friday that they've discontinued it.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I have a nephew serving in the Army, currently stationed at Ft, Bragg down in N.C.. Don't know how true this is but he says that the area down there is basically a Ghetto that's had so much violence on Black Friday that they've discontinued it.
    Ft Bragg is the armpit of the universe and always has been. I guess that makes Fayetteville (the town you mention) the anal oriface.

I have a SOP for Black Friday. I do not leave the house until the mail man runs. I go to the mailbox anbd back to the house, not to be seen again until Sunday morning.

A buddy that works at Dicks' Sporting Goods did report in last night that their store had done $50,000 just in gunsafes yesterday and emptied the 150 gun rack twice during the day.

Whose fault? The store for running the sale at 3:30am or the fools for showing up at 3:30am? Same issue for both participants, GREED!!!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-27-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

So folks were killed in the past and the stores changed their process to a voucher method to combat that problem.

They abandon that method for the previous method and y'all are cool with you kin getting killed. Stupid them....

I agree my daughter put her self at risk. But, abandon prevention?

Black Friday mobs remind me of the scenes you see where disasters or famine are taking place and you see people fighting for food and supplies. Makes me want to rely on myself even more and be prepared for just such an emergency. The more I can stay away from desperate people, the better.