Thread: Danger!! you may not be able to legally garden soon!!

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

Default Danger!! you may not be able to legally garden soon!!

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.
    “If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    - Greek Proverb

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

sorry, diddnt see it
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

Personally I could give a rats *** what them wicked law makers say- When will people stand up aganist this crap? What would happen if them dumbass wicked law makers said we have to sacrafice and kill all our children? Would people then wake up and
    disobey what these ******** say- Imagine that telling us we can't grow good food whatever!
    Last edited by crashdive123; 12-11-2010 at 05:40 PM.

i'm sorry; you don't want those who grow and sell you your food to be accountable for outbreaks of foodbourne illness?

clearly a smokescreen for systematic persecution of gardeners; that's the reasonable interpretation.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I see this as another method to force folks to be dependent. self reliance is a scary concept to some folks.

I would suggest that you read the previous thread that Crimescene posted on this subject. It would help you to understand what this is really about. In fact, please read the actual act. No sense getting "wound up" over something that does not in any way impact your individual garden rights.It is geared towards commercial operations and food safety. Remember the tainted eggs problem of a couple months ago? Knowledge is your best weapon. Rumour is your worst enemy.
    Last edited by Pal334; 12-12-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: delete a word
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

(Peering under vehicle) Would you look at that? How did this subject get so wrapped around the axle? What a mess.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    I would suggest that you read the previous thread that Crimescene posted on this subject. It would help you to understand what this is really about. In fact, please read the actual act. No sense getting "wound up" over something that does not in any way impact your individual garden rights.It is geared towards commercial operations and food safety. Remember the tainted eggs problem of a couple months ago? Knowledge is your best weapon. Rumour is your worst enemy.
    Not only that, but remember when a young man went rogue and started giving them away willy nilly?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Just one example of many...

What really scares me is how quickly people get riled up over things that are really non-issues. (if only they bothered to find that out for themselves) One doesn't need vivid imagination to conjure up where this sort of mentality might lead in more challenging times.

I can see both sides of this. It's probably nothing, and I'm sure it is intended to keep people safe from disease. I can also see how over time it can become something bad. (Think about "imminent domain" abuses.)

The Gov't is bad about turning things into something very different than what it started as.

In 1899 (I think) the Army corps of engineers was given authority over navigable waterways in the U.S., to insure that commerce could get up and down the waterways. A hundred years later, they can and will put you in jail for filling in low areas of your own land. (They lable them wetlands, and they can be very far away from any waterways.) If some of your land gets labled "wetlands", they tell you what you can and can't do with your own property.

So if you give the authority to say who can and can't grow food, how bad could that get twisted???

Heck....think about the "interstate commerce clause". How bad has that been abused?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Did anyone notice that this bill actually passed?
    Then got rejected because the Senate can't enact a tax?
    Anything involving 'taxes' has to originate in the House.
    It only just passed in the House last week (because it was attached to a spending bill) and is now heading back to the Senate.
    With the Tester Amendment still attached that alleviates burden on smaller growers.
    The Senate may or may not get to it before close of business on the 17th.

Way to go. Even our own government can't follow procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Not only that, but remember when a young man went rogue and started giving them away willy nilly?
    Ooooooh, I am going to be nice since you are probably on meds
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Ooooooh, I am going to be nice since you are probably on meds
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I can see both sides of this. It's probably nothing, and I'm sure it is intended to keep people safe from disease. I can also see how over time it can become something bad. (Think about "imminent domain" abuses.)

The Gov't is bad about turning things into something very different than what it started as.

In 1899 (I think) the Army corps of engineers was given authority over navigable waterways in the U.S., to insure that commerce could get up and down the waterways. A hundred years later, they can and will put you in jail for filling in low areas of your own land. (They lable them wetlands, and they can be very far away from any waterways.) If some of your land gets labled "wetlands", they tell you what you can and can't do with your own property.

So if you give the authority to say who can and can't grow food, how bad could that get twisted???

Heck....think about the "interstate commerce clause". How bad has that been abused?
    I don't think it's a bad idea, to keep track of all the legislation, but you do need to check it out, lots of "stuff" here on the interweb.

The wetland thing is a good example of Gov going overboard IMO.
    Some one had to get paid to trespass a mile in the woods to let other trespassers that this was an official wetland.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Wetland delineation mapping. Been there done that. It's one of the few good paying jobs a kid with a plain old Botany degree can get right out of college.

But it wasn't trespassing at the company I worked for. Usually it was pre-development ground mapping on large parcels of land, or very occasionally USGS or flood plain delineation, always done in fall or spring when no leaves are out and always wet, cold and muddy. It was great!

If the flags are numbered, the surveyors aren't far behind. Usually within the week. They're supposed to remove the tag after they have shot the location. Sometimes they get pre-emptive help on that front...
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-12-2010 at 10:21 PM.