Thread: How to tie the "long" turks head - PART 2

Default How to tie the "long" turks head - PART 2

In this continuation of my Part 1 video, I explain the process for determining the number of turns/parts of the long turks head knot, then start the actual knot inclusive of the first turn (up and back) on my hatchet handle....

These are really excellent tuts. Very easy to understand with great explanations. Very nice!! A little rep your way.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    These are really excellent tuts. Very easy to understand with great explanations. Very nice!! A little rep your way.
    thanks Rick!

Good so far. What do you call the spike thingy for fishing the cord through?

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes. What is the "needle" you are using.
    So far this has been the best explanation of the turks head I've seen. It makes more sense and I can see how to do it "on the fly". I'll be eagerly awaiting part 3! Thanks for doing this series! Rep sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Good so far. What do you call the spike thingy for fishing the cord through?
    It's a Perma Lok Lacing Needle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

thanks for comments! crash is right on the needle; although mine was made for me by a friend on another forum when I had the same question! it makes life really easy with these knots. in a pinch, you can melt a finished nail into the end of a piece of paracord and it will work!