Thread: New to the forum

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

Default New to the forum

Hi all,
    My name is Joe and I am new to this forum. I am an Air Force veteran and a Department of Defense employee. I am interested in survival skills because you never know whats gonna happen tomorrow or even later today. I am a gun owner, I have the marksmanship ribbon from the Air Force with the M-16. I enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities even though I dont get to participate as often as I'd like. I am 29, married with 2 little boys. Life couldn't get much better for me, thats why I need to prepare for it to get worse.

Joe

Welcome home and thanks for your service.

A good place to start is at home. Make certain all the common problems like fire and CO alarms are in place, door locks and door frames are secure and window locks are functional. Making your home secure from accidents and intruders is about the best place to start in my book. Once you have that covered then start branching out.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hunter63, saying, Hey, and Welcome.
    Thanks for your service.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hello & Welcome, Thank you for your service.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for your service.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

welcome, so what do you do for the DOD?
    I know what hunts you.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome home! Thank you for serving, It is appreciated. There are some other vets here as well so don't feel like the lone stranger. A couple have already said "Hello" to you. Rick is right, Start at home. Some simple things like first aid kits, buying some extra can goods, and water will actually give you a "Leg up" over some if not many out there. Some of "Survival" is just common sense mixed with Foresight..... "Preps" and skills are most of the "extras". But just plain old Common sense will go a long way.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for your service. I am glad life is going well for you. As Rick said get your house in order first and then begin the survival preps of food and other survivals. There are lots of good people here that will be glad to help you and also check out the archived threads as there is lots you can learn from reading these.