Thread: What is the Calendar For?

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question What is the Calendar For?

I see some members name on the calendar when I bring it up, what is that for?

Birthdays. When you plug your birthday in on your profile, it moves it to the calendar.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Birthdays. When you plug your birthday in on your profile, it moves it to the calendar.
    Thanks, I thought it may be for planning a topic for a group forum.

I thought you were only wanting to know why folks were on there. At the upper right hand corner of the calender is a drop down box for adding a single day event, a date range event (the 5th through the 10th for example) and a recurring event. You can add or delete as a user if you want. Looks like Chris has it opened for us.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Question

OK, then a person could organize a forum for a upcoming date so that people interested could could plan for it. Has it ever Happened?

Your first question. Yes, you could. Second question, I don't know. I just joined in November. Sarge!!!!!! Has anyone used the calendar before?

Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware of.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

On most forums the calendar is unused, but for some very specific applications it is essential, so they include it.

For instance... a pregnancy forum might have mothers list their due dates on the calendar, a travel forum may have people list their trip dates, a band forum would put up show dates, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    On most forums the calendar is unused, but for some very specific applications it is essential, so they include it.

For instance... a pregnancy forum might have mothers list their due dates on the calendar, a travel forum may have people list their trip dates, a band forum would put up show dates, etc.
    Thank You Chris......

Blog Entries

Thanks Chris, I always thought it was for knowing the date jk
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.