Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improving our improvisation.

Blog Entries

Thanks hunter63.

BTW, the picture should be fixed now.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCO View Post

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Ps, lets say that the scooter won't start...
    Remove all the trash from it's receptical and place the cardboard down for bedding. Newspapers could be blankets and insulation.
    Look through the trash and you might be able to find leftover food. May also find some 9-volt batteries, wires, bathroom tissue (hopefully unused), or even an empty lighter to start a fire. It could be placed outside of the trash receptical and the umbrella can reflect the heat the bedding, or the umbrella could be used as rain/sun protection.
    The scooter could be used as a source of a spark and maybe it also uses gas and can be used to start a fire if the garbage doesn't have the needed items.
    Scooter mirror as a signal. The sign on the fence may be reflective as well.
    I believe the best bet would be to rummage through the garbage and see what is inside.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Blog Entries

There could also be a ton of gold under all that, but I can't see it And you can't use what you can't see.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

The vacuum leaning against the wall has a cord and that means a motor. I'd salvage that to use to recharge batteries or cell phones. A hand crank turns it into a generator.

I spy with my little eye an umbrella just to the left of the dumpster. Nice wind break/shelter cover. Plenty of tin cans in the trash so I should be able to make a hobo stove. There is a yellow something by the scooter. If that's a broom or map handle I have a walking stick/protection. Have to check for fuel in the scooter and pull the battery if it's electric start. Both items would be handy. I also see some plastic soda bottles in the trash so they could be used to carry water. All that plastic would make a good ground cover and/or roof. The plastic garbage bags could be emptied and used to carry supplies. Maybe hang one on one end of the yellow pole and one on the other end and carry it over your shoulder. There is a bonanza of "stuff"!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Exactly,

How about kicking some of the bricks loose and reshape the trash "box" to have four walls for better shelter?

Again, splints by ripping some of the cardboard in pieces, staking them together to make the pieces more sturdy and then using plastic bags for cordage.

You also could break the mirror(I know, bad luck) and use some of it for a cutting tool.

One side of the trash bin has a clamp on it. I assume the other side does to but if it doesn't you could use the fence. Just slide that yellow thingy across there and cover with some plastic and you have a door.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

There is a yellow mattress kind of thing on the back of the bin, that would be obvious mattress. duh...

Red umbrella too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The box of smokes will make a kazoo.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

How about, get on the scooter and head for the house?

If you can't hot wire a scooter and push start it you need to crawl in the dumster and give up.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

As detailed under the picture, the scooter does not start.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

As detailed under the picture, the scooter does not start.
    Yes, you said that, does it roll?

How about one for those of us that stay the heck out of town, wear clothes and carry a multitool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoes_on_wires/4447701613/

Welcome to redneck heaven! We put our slum anywhere you want it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

... View it this way, there is a bunch of stuff, what it can be used for?

I think it's time for a new picture:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Ps, lets say that the scooter won't start...
    Scooter may have light or battery for firestarting, wire for shelter building rope, snares, etc. oil/ gas for lamp, signal mirror or mirror for looking at yourself, lol. The cardboard for shelter along with plastic. Plastic bags can make cordage. Plastic bottles for gathering water, minnow/ crawdad traps, etc. Tin cans for cooking, stove, lantern, spear heads, knife. Is that a blue tarp? shelter, raincoat. Plenty of paper for kindling or insulation. Looks like an old umbrella for a spear point, gig points or spit for the fire maybe??, catching rainwater maybe, I see bigger fish trap possibilities in it. Looks like a mop handle by the scooter for a club or spear/ gig shaft.

PS, that fencing would make for a real good permanent type large scale fish trap.