Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tales

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Fairy Tales

I have gotten to the point that I can not read or post on most of the survival forums firearms sections.

They have come to be composed of some of the most rediculious misinformation I have ever read. Total BS, lack of knowledge of firearms capabilities, lack of hunting/game knowledge, lack of knowledge of mechanics, absolutely zero knowledge of simple physics and inability to add and subtract.

Then when you call someone of an obvious piece of BS they have presented a flame war begins. The trick is the flame war has no substance in the post and involves one's mental health, social standing, sexual preferences and the species designation of one' mother.

On top of that, they keep hashing over the same thread for 200 pages past the point of boredom. 9,683 posts on the "what do you think of the .22LR as a hunting/defense/combat round?" Followed by "I am buying a handgun, what should I get?"

Then there is the ATF agent with his bait question: "I am a convicted fellon, where can I get a conversion .45LC cylinder for my Ruger Old Army?"

Is this the last safe haven? The more I hang out here the safer I feel.

I am considering hard wiring one of the computers directly to this website and using the other one for google searches of spelling words and the Drudge Report.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well, now that you bring it up. I've been thinking about buying a handgun. What do you think.....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Kyrat, you must be a masochist.
    How can you get through 9,683 posts of that drivel?

It just proves that only lost souls visit other forums. Face it. This is heaven. Crash, Sarge and I are like the Three Stooges of the Pearly Gates.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Guns? What guns", I don't know nothing. 'bout no guns...........Tools, yes, guns no.

I stop by a couple of different forums, from time to time and I agree, lots of BS, after one month, same questions etc.

I had posted the FYI on NEF/H&R Handi barrel program, and was told to stop whining.....
    Adios, noob.

I like it here...the weirdos don't seem to last too long.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sourdough has been keeping us all in line when it comes to firearms. Well, except for that one tac driver......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

So,,, what do you think of the .22LR as a hunting/defense/combat round?

(Joking)

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Wow I am saved ... I now do not need to read 9,683 posts of that drivel?

Pass the Weed man.......I have some free time!

Rick I dont do guns .. but can I borrow that .22 and shoot myself after you are done with it?
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Wow I am saved ... I now do not need to read 9,683 posts of that drivel?

Pass the Weed man.......I have some free time!

Rick I dont do guns .. but can I borrow that .22 and shoot myself after you are done with it?
    WOO, whatever gets you through the night...it's all right.

aww thanks ... I had a funny bone moment ... it's done now,,,
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I just have one question......

will a 22lr drop a zombie with one hit.

Sorry couldnt resist.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    No Way!!!

I often just jump to the last post in a really stupid sounding thread to see how many posts/pages are there.

Survivalboards had one thread going on the best grizzly bear rifle for use in the salt air and damp conditions of Florida that was about 10 pages long. Thing was that they were serious and never contemplated that there were no grizzlies in FL.

A large number of people seem to never read the OP and simply respond to the last post with whatever is on their mind at the moment.

Now on one particulary boring day I did go back and read several pages of our "What are you cooking today" segment. That was a quest for recipes though.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I have been reading about internal locks on J frame S&Ws for a month, now you tell me there other topics? Even on my combat ready black, folding stock, 50rd, flash suppressed, heat shielded barreled 10/22 with the folding tripod I just ordered?? I need to get out more.....
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I just have one question......

will a 22lr drop a zombie with one hit.

Sorry couldnt resist.
    From what I understand after researching all the known survival forums, a .22 lr will kill a Tyrannosayrus Rex, and his cousin Bob, with one shot if you hit it right. That is what led to their extinction, development of the .2LR.

It's all in the shot placement!

And you can only achieve proper shot placement buy getting instruction from a certified professional instructor who is a policeman and therefore an expert with all firearms.

Old Coot, we need to check the serial number on the rifle you ordered, it sounds like the one I got stolen from the truck!

Make your post and walk away slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Make your post and walk away slowly.
    It's more like

Lurk, lurk silently, shiver in fear, then run, run fast, run far, and don't look back they might be gaining on you.

Frankly, it serves you right. While we're here working our fingers to the bone you are out visiting other forums, you two timin' hussy, you.

He been steppin' out on us.

Da Nerve of da guy!

At least he manned up.
    That's probably because the food is better here.