Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use a CAMELBAK H.A.W.G.?

In March the suppliers are going to get desperate to get rid of the 2007 products. Then the fire sales begin. Never pay full price.
    trails are for sissies

Thumbs up

How about $59???

http://www.botachtactical.com/blcaha.html

I have ordered and received 2 of these Blackwater Camelback Hawgs and could not be happier, they are my day packs when I hike with my wife or son.

They are also the military version with significant upgrades from the civiliain version. I got the ACU digital camo version.

Default camelbak

I got a new camelbak M.U.L.E. off of e-bay a couple of years ago for a good price. I think I paid $25-$30 including shipping. Many times you can find what seems like a great deal, then they screw you with shipping charges.

I have also watched items on e-bay till after the auction ended and if the item did not sell, contacted the seller and negotiated a price.

I think camelbak's are the only way to go when doing hard work in the wild. I go up into the mountions and climb about 4-5 for a week trip and there are just somethings that can make things much easier. One of the biggest things is the camelbak after that its a headlamp.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by glocker36 View Post
    How about $59???

http://www.botachtactical.com/blcaha.html

I have ordered and received 2 of these Blackwater Camelback Hawgs and could not be happier, they are my day packs when I hike with my wife or son.

They are also the military version with significant upgrades from the civilian version. I got the ACU digital camo version.
    Thanks for the info. I did some research after you told me of this. I purchased one from the site you mentioned. It was the best price and the modifications of the Blackwater Camelback Hawg was what I was looking for. The internal modifications was similar to what McCann did to his HAWG in his book. I should be getting it delivered to my home by Wednesday and be able to test it out next weekend. Thanks for your help and everyone else that replied to this thread.
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport