Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Clothing/footwear Info.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Aaah. I figured it was something like that, except that it didn't look like he'd been banned.
    No reason to ban him. He is welcome back anytime to splain things. I really thought that many of his posts were very good, as long as he stayed away from the I live 240 miles from the nearest road and living off grid stuff.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What gave him away?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

1. Some Alaskans that questioned his posts.
    2. His IP address.
    3. Lack of consistency. You have to remember the first lie to keep telling the same one.
    4. Some outlandish claims.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

armysurpluswarehouse.com is good website and they have a physical location as well in Idaho Falls, ID. I spend hours in there looking around. They have everything from nic nacs and novelties, to surplus items for personal and unit size groups and auto.

I will second that. I've done quite a bit of business with them lately and they are really good to work with. I wore leather boots the whole time I worked outside and I never found anything warmer than a set of goloshes over my climbing boots in winter. They have the military 3 buckle overshoe for sale for $10.95. They are first rate and a steal at that price. They also have a great price on Atwood 3/8 utility rope.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Wool, wool, and more wool. Wool is the best and only fabric that I will wear spring, fall, and winter while in the outdoors. Most of my outdoor clothing comes from Goodwill, or the Salvation Army. I also have a Columbia wool hunting coat I got off ebay for 40 bucks. I've been an avid traditional bow hunter for almost 30 years and rarely if ever wear "scamoflauge". I call it that because in my opinion the only animal fooled by camo is us. Most of today's camo is way too busy, the patterns are so tight that when veiwed from a distance they just look like a dark blob. Plus most of the new hunting clothing is made of cotton which is pretty useless if it gets wet. I wear plaid most of the time when hunting, and it works well. The best "camo" is knowing how to play the wind, and knowing when to move.

That may be why you're chasin' and not catchin'.....just sayin'. I fellah has to maintain an air of mystique. Try a loin cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Sniper View Post
    I dont know if anyone has mentioned these yet, but years ago I lived a while in northern Minnesota and the locals turned me on to Steger mukluks as cold weather foot ware intended for arctic conditions. They are incredibly warm and incredibly light. I pulled out the inner boot so you can see it.
    (clipped your pic)

Are you kidding me!!!? I love my Steger Mukluks! I have the Apaches, which don't come much higher than my ankles.
    I gave up on BOOTS after I left the National Guard. I love feeling the ground under my feet (-minus the sharp things.)

Work & Cold Weather Clothing
    I like stuff from Duluth Trading http://www.duluthtrading.com
    Made for rough , tough work job stuff. Not bad for outdoors either.

Tractor Supply, Jeans and shirts. Hat and Boots from LCS, (local cowboy store).
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

You guys are so lucky to be living in the USA. I live in Malaysia, and sometimes we have to mail order whatever outdoor clothes that we want. So sometimes I mail order...but most of time I quietly sneak into an outdoor shop (without the wife's knowledge). I am into Columbia Attires and shoes, HiTech trekking boots, 5.11, Salomon and North Face. But I have to be very careful and buy only those that suits the climate here (Malaysia is right on the Equator) as the humidity here is awful.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I get most of my gear from Cabela's or similar stores. I also shop around a lot online to find the best prices.

I buy all my equipment from equipnorshop.no they have solid gear! Would recommend it for everyone

I get my gear from a hodgepodge of everywhere. There's an Army Surplus store out in Clayton that I have frequented since I was a kid (GI Joes). Surplus Sids over in Carrboro, NC is a good place if you catch it at the right time. It's not an army surplus store in the typical sense, it looks to me that it buys bulk lots from every type of liquidation and then parts them out. I also frequent the flea market at the NC Fairgrounds.

If I know exactly what I'm looking for, then I can always order from Amazon.

There's a Dicks Sporting Goods near where I grew up. I buy stuff there too.

Most of my clothes for survival I buy in the Internet. There are many sites that offer a big range of what you want - shoes, jackets etc. Time to time I also go to thrift shops where you can also but some good quality clothes. What is amazing is that some of them look like new or are new!

FDX was founded in 2013 and stemmed from my personal experiences as an enthusiastic cyclist on the lookout for good-quality and stylish clothing that was also reasonably priced.
    To know I am a spammer just look at this post!
    Last edited by Rick; 08-06-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Not only that, but FDX is paying slave labor wages to some company in India to spam for them. I guess FDX is pro slavery.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel