Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clothing/footwear Info.

Default clothes

so where do you guys buy your clothes for out door stuff? i mean obviously where you live matters alot for what kind of clothes you'll need. i live near some large pine forests and then also right by a high, scrub desert so any suggestions to a fine clothing retailer?

Cool

well it depends on what exactly your looking for.camo or just good durable cloths.

Blog Entries

Wink B.D.U.'s

Quote Originally Posted by jimjimjimmyjim View Post
    so where do you guys buy your clothes for out door stuff? i mean obviously where you live matters alot for what kind of clothes you'll need. i live near some large pine forests and then also right by a high, scrub desert so any suggestions to a fine clothing retailer?
    I buy BDU's at yard sales dirt cheap, yet they wear forever and have lots of roomy pockets. I have both Woodland & Desert Camo, along with a complete Gore-tex Rain suit and "boonie" hats. Also some bright orange stuff to wear over them if I ever get lost.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

BDUS are awsome and very cheap @ yard sales,they are very comfortableeasy to clean and dries fast hung over a clothes line,laid out an a rock in the sun or even on a tree limb.The military boots are also very comfortable,but I can never find them in my size at yard sales.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    BDUS are awsome and very cheap @ yard sales,they are very comfortableeasy to clean and dries fast hung over a clothes line,laid out an a rock in the sun or even on a tree limb.The military boots are also very comfortable,but I can never find them in my size at yard sales.
    thats what I use as a matter of fact my pack is a alice.
    Jesus is my king.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Yard sales...Yeah!

BDUS are awsome and very cheap @ yard sales,they are very comfortable & easy to clean and dries fast hung over a clothes line,laid out an a rock in the sun or even on a tree limb.The military boots are also very comfortable,but I can never find them in my size at yard sales.
    Yard sales rock! I have found a ton of stuff in new or like new condition for very low $$$! Also, about BDU's, They have a button fly so field repairs are that much easier! Sorry you weren't in my neck of the woods, I have found the boots in many different sizes and actually have four different pairs, three of which are Gore-Tex, including one pair of Desert boots. What size do you wear, I'll keep an eye out for you!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    actually have four different pairs, three of which are Gore-Tex, including one pair of Desert boots. What size do you wear, I'll keep an eye out for you!
    *drools at comp.*
    Jesus is my king.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Yard sales rock! I have found a ton of stuff in new or like new condition for very low $$$! Also, about BDU's, They have a button fly so field repairs are that much easier! Sorry you weren't in my neck of the woods, I have found the boots in many different sizes and actually have four different pairs, three of which are Gore-Tex, including one pair of Desert boots. What size do you wear, I'll keep an eye out for you!

A size 6 in womens,not sure about mens sizes .

Went to a yard sale the other day and they had a whole new box of military light stix,(glow lights great for emergencies) but he wanted a buck a peice for them,I would have given him $5 or $6 for the whole box but not a buck each LOL I am very cheap when it comes to yard sales hehehe!

Blog Entries

Cool (Yard) Sale Ho!

A size 6 in womens,not sure about mens sizes .
    I'll keep my eyes open! I was just at one yard sale last week where the lady had a whole Tub of BDUs in Short/small, which is waaaaay to small for me. They were priced decent too. I know where her house was so I'll check back to see if she had any boots & if she did, did they sell? BTW, you should always get boots one size larger than your normal shoe size, it helps allow for extra socks.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

what exactly does bdu stand for? and where would you go if you just wanted some regular, not camo clothes?

I buy a larger size for winter,because I drive about 6 miles on country road before I get to a main road and then another 7 miles before I reach work,and alot of my driving time is done around 2:30 am,it something were to happen I probably would not be located for several hours so I stock my vehicle well for emergencies and try to be as personally prepared as I can (extra socks,thermals,LOL I look like I have gained 10 pounds at least )
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Basic Drill Uniform

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

Cool Bdu & Acu

Quote Originally Posted by jimjimjimmyjim View Post
    what exactly does bdu stand for? and where would you go if you just wanted some regular, not camo clothes?
    BDU stands for "Battle Dress Uniform". The Newest one is the ACU which stands for "American Combat Uniform".
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Wink What a picture!

I buy a larger size for winter,because I drive about 6 miles on country road before I get to a main road and then another 7 miles before I reach work,and alot of my driving time is done around 2:30 am,it something were to happen I probably would not be located for several hours so I stock my vehicle well for emergencies and try to be as personally prepared as I can (extra socks,thermals,LOL I look like I have gained 10 pounds at least )
    Just vizulize what effect that might have if you broke down & someone stopped to help. ;>)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

LOL I dont think it would bother me so long as I am warm and dry when I need to be LOL !

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

most places have mil. surplus stores that usually have some good deals as well. If you're in a northern or cold climate, nothing beats traditional native footwear, wool at various weights depending on the environment obviously, is still one of the best materials ever. It will keep you insulated even when you're wet. Good idea to have something blaze orange like Sarge mentioned.

I have two pairs of these that I like since they are BDU style and I can convert them to shorts when I want to. I want to get a few more pairs in camo.

http://www.soldiercity.com/product-exec/product_id/9972
    Survival Skill - Personal Outdoors Survival Blog and Resources
    Nevada Carry - Nevada Concealed Carry Information and Resources

In Columbia SC (I live an hour away) there is a big surplus place... it has everything, including clothes like this. It also has my favorite thing, a bag of confiscated knives from ppl at airports of about 20 for 4 dollars! Awesome.
    Strider
    I take paths untrodden...

Blog Entries

What I'm doing in the woods determines what I wear.

Deerhunting prim. style / trekking / hunting with Kentucky / what I do most = mocs, leggins, pull over shirt, I make the leggins and shirts, knee mocs are the arrow french style. Have not made a good pair of mocs yet, I keep trying though.

Deerhunting reg. / hunting = USMC cammys, muck boots, cammys from a good friend and muck boots from a dealer.

Chasing my wife through the woods = nekked.