Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diagnose this and give a treatment.

Blog Entries

Just a few ideas to help you while the doc pulls her finger out of her ar$e and does something for you. Keep hydrated and use rehydrating salts. Eat small meals. Keep the food you eat plain and simple, boiled or poached eggs, plain toast, plain rice, poached fish or chicken. Also eat some natural yoghurt each day, your tummy friends(gut flora) may be out of kilter and yoghurt does no harm whatsoever.
    It could be something as simple as your bowel going into spasm having to deal with large amounts of material in one go. Good luck.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

In the OP you said that the fever and other symptoms occured when you ate anything. Have you changed your diet to eliminate the possibility of having developed an alergy? Does the amount of food make a difference in symptoms?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You throw up after eating? You aren't pregnant are you?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My meals have gotten really small and I eat about twice a day now. I have not changed my meals yet, instead I have been keeping a journal of everything I eat. Since this started I have lost 8 pounds, so there is some good coming of this.

if i where you i would do so, and eat/drink nothing that is currently in your home for a couple days just for kicks.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I'd guess some kind of residual bacterial infection from all the fresh veggies you've been eating. Do you wash them thoroughly? I'd say try some natural cultured yogurt for a few days. Yogurt tends to promote the "right" bacteria. Another possibility, though hard to swallow (a-hem) could be a tape worm.

If you can hold down liquids Ensure shakes are a decent tasting source of nutrition until things gets sorted out.

Do you vomit after every single meal?

What labs did your doc do, did she say?

I think we finally got it figured out.

The beta blocker I was put on makes me severely dizzy, which makes me queezy. When queezy I do not feel like eating. When I do eat my body gets a rush of glucose and my body reacts with a fever. Because my heart is slowed down from the beta blocker my body is trying to conserve energy and pulls blood to the core. When my body reacts to the fever, my body then reacts by trying to cool off and causes the heavy sweats.

Holy crap. What a nightmare. So what we are doing now is trying to move my dosage of beta blocker to the late evening so that most of the adverse effects happen at night and hopefully will not effect my equilibrium and stomach so bad.

It must be a relief to finally have some answers, klick.
    Relatively speaking, this is all good...glad that's all it is.

Glad you at least have some answers - hope that the adjustments of meds does the trick.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey, docs are only human. Sometimes you have to work with them to figure out the answer. Glad you're moving forward on a solution!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks everyone. You know Rick, you are right. Not only can a doc only try and figure out things, they also have a wide range of people who all react differently to different things. The target is always moving and sometimes we still expect them to hit the bullzeye every time.

Wow! How did you figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by greenbeetle View Post
    Wow! How did you figure it out?
    Digging into the net and side effects of the beta blocker I am on. Then switching things up and talking to the doc about what was going on. Through a process of looking at the symptoms and testing them, we put the pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    Digging into the net and side effects of the beta blocker I am on. Then switching things up and talking to the doc about what was going on. Through a process of looking at the symptoms and testing them, we put the pieces together.
    Nice work. It sounds like the issue is totally resolved? Congrats, man!

It's been three days since the last adjustment and I feel better than I have in quite a while.

Well, that is good news. I'm glad it's working out for you. I hope you continue to improve!

Glad to hear you're getting it under control.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Glad to hear it's all under control! Which beta blocker was it?

Thank you. I am taking Atenolol.