Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: survival fishing ? ? ? ?

Blog Entries

That'd do H! And yup it's not £25 cool!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

A net based fish trap wins, easy to carry and use.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

The thing with a reel and telescopic stuff is that they mean more moving parts, and moving parts mean stuff broken. Best survival fishing gear that comes in ind would be a long line with 3 to 5 hooks on it...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

Alright Gan after they have all put their humor on, something I do all the time, I will tell you that the brits disowned me and changed the rules many years ago, Here in the US market we are inundated with cheap survival kits and products. We have 1000 foot isles of nutty garbage for fishing that doesn't sell. Kmart, Walmart, Gander Hill, Dick Sporting Goods. etc..

You could have the best fishing device on earth... it would take adoption in order to get sales. What? So we are clear it would take a 1/2 hour infomercial or a famous bass fisherman on the Outdoor network to promote it. You would need people here in the us to promote it. It just won't get the attention or discovery to sell here, hense the picture of Ron Popeil, (above) one of the few self promoting people of our time.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl
    Ron Popeil, (above) one of the few self promoting people of our time.
    Not just self promoting but the be all end all of self promotion. The king of self promotion. The man that invented self promotion. He was what Billy Mays hoped to be when he grew up. You know you've made it to the top when Weird Al Yankovic names a song after you. Be still my beating heart.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

didn't know you were still up and about... No I looked at the body of the posts and nobody gave Stuart a break... I thought that was rude as a whole, and honesty I would have done the same, but I have been there, I am currently working on a new stain or paint for Ceder and I did not want to crush his opportunity, but he is going to need a lot of help.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

If his approach had been different then he probably would have received some decent answers. 1. He obviously showed up here just to help himself with his project. 2. He offered nearly no information but wanted input and 3. Didn't bother to answer any of the questions that were posed to him other than some blarney about patents. Folks on here don't mind helping at all but you have to give them something to work with.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

And Rick I agree with you. And you need to know that is exactly why Americans and Brits are different, If you watched the BP CEO on tv and there was the constant commentary of arrogance, from the inquisitors, the world watch a nation make issues about nothing. The Brits still do not answer to anyone. He and his peers do not know how to answer or project a need for information. The Americans are still concidered a nieve outpost of the brits. Even today what you can call July 4th happy independence day - the brits call it happy insurection day.- they don't care.

stuff happens.
    dosn't make it right.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Thanks for replies guys, and sorry if i came across wrong at the start just posted it quickly could of phrased it better. Thanks for info on the self promoting side and alittle on how things work over there. Ive been away with no internet access so have been unable to reply for the last week. And will post more info as soon as pos to give people better idea, my timing to start asking questions was wrong. And we aint all bad, brits i mean lol , Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Now that is just plain "Cool", but not 25lbs cool..........

How about $5 at a yard sale? :

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I think that would work just fine.