Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating utensils?

I always like to have a crooked knife. You can quickly make a spoon with it, or a bowl (not so quick). That and a hunting knife will do me for camp eating utensils on solo trips.

For "basecamp" type camping trips (with the wife, kids, aunts, uncles and cousins) we have ten or 12 sets of old US military utensils.
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan

Blog Entries

Chop sticks, never thought of that. I usually use my knife and fingers, but now I will be making field chopstiks.

Great idea and I'm pretty good with them.

walk lightly on the earth wildWoman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use a spoon and a knife. Never been talented using chop sticks at home, so not much point for me in letting supper get cold out on the trail while vainly trying to scoop up some food molecules with them.

Hey, aren't chopsticks made out of trembling aspen? I know it was used for tent poles. Seems like I read somewhere Mitsubishi had a big mill in BC someplace making zillions of the things. Northern area maybe. Anyway, aspen would be a good wood for chopsticks. I'm not very good with them although I suppose it would make good dinner time entertainment watching me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Taco Bell spork for just about everything. They are individually wrapped, very sturdy, burnable, easily cleaned and replaceable. Very cost effective.
    trails are for sissies

Spork = the worst spoon, worst fork, worst knife. How can you get so many things wrong in one convenient little package?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Been in the shine again, haven't you?!

Blog Entries

Cool Here's one.

The plastic spoon packed in the MRE pkg. is pretty tough.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin