Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost a Disaster-Where is the camera?

Default Almost a Disaster-Where is the camera?

I have posted some pic's of a duck hunting trip in the hunting section, but wanted to pass along a near miss.

As we were in my boat, across the bay from us were three guys in a small boat, parked in the cattails.

They had shot at a flock of geese, and one of them fell off his bucket, right in the lake.....soaked.

They hit one, and another when after it on foot, wading across the bay, fell and...you guessed it, soaked as well.

Third guy takes the boat to pick up the second guy, and as he pulled the starting cord, was in gear, and fell over board, motor running, boat making tight circles, nearly missing the guy in the water.
    Not hurt, but.....soaked.

When he got up, and got the boat under control, he did pick up the second guy, then hollered over to us...."You didn't get that on camera, did ya?

I answered, "No, you didn't let me know to get the camera ready".
    I asked if they had dry clothes, or means to build a fire, they said, "No, we are leaving".

As funny as this sounds, I guess I was more concerned for their welfare to see much humor in this.
    As we/them were close to shore, and about a mile from the boat landing, they just packed up and left.

I did get a pic of them leaving, but it could have been a real dangerous situation.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I guess you never know..........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

LOL,, I would have laughed at them,, sounds like an episode of the three stooges

Well, honestly, this story sort of exemplifies why I make an extra effort to go where other people aren't. The thought of these three with shotguns doesn't exactly leave me with a warm feeling.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Well, honestly, this story sort of exemplifies why I make an extra effort to go where other people aren't. The thought of these three with shotguns doesn't exactly leave me with a warm feeling.
    Good point!, and I guess thats kinda what I was concerned about as well.

They were clowns, and didn't last long, good thing.

We call those guys rubberheads down here! Duck hunting is no sport for rubberheads!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Years ago, my brother invited me to do some deer hunting, up in the mountains, with his wife's relatives. After hunting with them, (one uncle in particular) I haven't been in the woods hunting in about 20 years.
    At one point, I was hiding behind a big oak tree, trying not to get shot.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

You didn't know it wuz you they wuz goin to hunt, eh 2D?

No life preservers and no back up/survival gear. I've said it before. All you have to be in this life is lucky. That's it. Luck trumps preparation and knowledge every time.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    You didn't know it wuz you they wuz goin to hunt, eh 2D?
    You know....come to think of it, I had been out with that guys daughter.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Hey, 2D. You want to go target shooting?

Gee, thanks guys. You've never invited me before.

Yeah, well, we never needed a moving target before.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Here is my source to back up my statement about rubberheads!

Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

I...uh...don't get it.

Dig deep Rick...reflect!

Do you know how bad that hurt?! I need some aspirin.

Just showin off I am an avid duck hunter! Figured Hunter would enjoy seeing my rig! It is a seriously dangerous thing to do if your not prepared. I see sights like Hunter experienced every year...we average one death per year on just our one lake. Rep to hunter...don't see many his age out there..duck hunters retire early here...Season hasn't started here..starts around Thanksgiving.

Banned
    Blog Entries

And here I thought that was the Mailman on "Golden Pond" that had the HOTS for Jane Fonda.

CFS, nice rig!.
    We sold my DIL boat, (same as mine) after he passed, had a set up blind on it, kinda look like yours.
    Was nice when set up, but made the boat hard to load, and caught on everything, so I passed on it.

Getting harder and harder to walk around in waders all day, kinda kills the legs, LOL.
    Anyway, the fun part is working the dog, I really like that part.

Getting harder and harder to hit them ducks, seems like they are going faster and faster every year.
    Practice "Shoot and release" a lot now. I shoot and they fly away.......

The spot we were hunting I have hunted on and off since I was about 12/13 years old.
    MF 16 ga Win Model 12.
    And the 2 shell rule........You got 2 shells, and if you came home with something, you got 2 more, if not a couple of more lawn mowing's etc.

Still love it, looks like you do as well.

You got it Hunter! nevermind the recovered 8" X 8" in the boat..I am always recycling.. Yeah my most memorable hunt was with "Jed" the 36" full choke single shot Savage 12 ga...used to put the shells between my fingers..traded that old gun..I regret it! Never had a dog...I was always a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    nevermind the recovered 8" X 8" in the boat..I am always recycling.!
    I was going to ask but I was afraid that I was going to learn that I've been hunting wrong all this time! Nice setup CS.

This was the BIL's boat, (same as mine) we sold to pay his bills, could have had the blind, but passed on it.
    Some guy got a heck of a deal......