Thread: don't friggin get it

Default don't friggin get it

so they pulled dual survival after 4 episodes from sat night timeslot to sun 1300 timeslot with no replay times, yet man vs wild is on like 6 times a day
    wtf is wrong with this, obviously it is based on viewers, thats whats wrong with people that they would identify mvw as more worthy that dual survival
    less and less hope in humanity everyday
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Default why pull deul survival?

as a health care provider i was surprised by seeing the last episode (cold weather survival) where hypothermia was really viewed. yes they had all the safetys in place, and a emergency transport.
    but i belive that episode gave too much of a reality for this day in age very soft viewer. there is a antimarriage theme in most TV programs, so seeing a real married couple really working together in a survival situations was just not entertaining enough,TV director didnt see enough conflict.
    so this couple needs to make their own DVD like hoodswoods for real survival tips and examples that are not placed between commercials.

Two different shows. WE is talking about Dual Survivor with Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury. You are talking about Man Woman Wild with Mykel Hawke and his wife Ruth England.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Its all based on ratings. Anyone who might be interested in Dual Survival probably isnt wasting enough of their time in front of a TV for the networks to care but Bear gets good response from the video game generation. That group will spend days in front of the TV.

Blog Entries

Cool That sucks!

Yeah, well, B.G. has a really cute tush! Seriously though,B.G. does have a lot of marketing going on, maybe that's got something to do with it. I don't watch his show nor "Man, Woman, Wild;" either. Cody & Dave are the best of the "survival reality" shows, IMO.!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I once was a fan of BG when watching him going through the French Foreign Legion and his early shows before he began drinking his on urine and all that other "Extreme fear factor nonsense". Dual survival I think does have a good following and the same with Man Woman Wild.

When I was at the the fire station I would watch them, I am the Capt so they dont have a say , and afterward they would start googling them and asking many questions. From there I began to bring them yucca and other things for them to test their "Manhood" against one another and they were hooked.

I believe these shows have that effect on ppl but if someone is not there to show them a few things it simply is forgotten.
    Its the bits between birth and death that define a life well lived.

Alright, we can all agree that Bear Grylls does it for the money, and hes not that great a survivor, but lets face it, it is entertaining as h*** and i would definately wish it was shown more on danish discovery. (The other survival shows havn't even hit Denmark yet...)

That's because most viewers would rather watch something crazy or exciting rather than actually learn something and practice or utilize it in real life.

They'd rather watch and say "what an idiot" rather than watch and say " that was enlightening".

Not too many people sitting around the water cooler discussing real world survival or wilderness living strategies, rather, they are talking about the last crazy, weird, irritating, or disgusting thing they saw on the boob tube.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    so they pulled dual survival after 4 episodes from sat night timeslot to sun 1300 timeslot with no replay times, yet man vs wild is on like 6 times a day
    wtf is wrong with this, obviously it is based on viewers, thats whats wrong with people that they would identify mvw as more worthy that dual survival
    less and less hope in humanity everyday

Actually, I thought the plan was just a couple of episodes to test the market. At least going in I thought there were only going to be a few shows. Maybe a read that somewhere or just dreamed it up. Hard to say anymore. Anyway, if you really like a show then tell the network and tell the sponsors. That's what keeps them on the air.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

TV exists to sell kiddies, that's it. Accept it and move on. If more people are watching show x than show y, then we ditch show y and charge more for your commercials for your: car, deodorant, gravy mix, toothpaste, shampoo, beer, etc etc etc, on show x. That's what tv exists for, if you happen to get entertained, informed or educated along the way, it's probably an accident, but goody, there'll be more advertising on that show next time you watch it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

It has gotta be over the top, unrealistic action and sex to get the hardcore TV addicts to squirm in their recliners and scarf up the potato chips, beer and whatever else sells. People want to be entertained and Heaven forbid they might learn something useful. Might as well get used to it, more trash to get the blood moving in spite of the cholesterol and keep the ole blood pressure up.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've chatted with Dave on another forum, where he is a member. It was only intended to be 4 or 5 shows. Dave and Cody both have caught a lot of flak for their trek into the corporate network shows. It would be a willingness on both of their parts to continue, as well as marketability of the show to multitudes of viewers.
    Personally, I have some beefs with all the rhetoric and insulting comments that take place, but when you have two people from opposite ends of the spectrum, working together, there is bound to be some friction.
    I watched a couple shows (reruns) and I like it much better than MvW, even though Dave takes a lot of unnecessary risks (Don't try this at home!)
    It works just like anything else.. If it doesn't sell, it comes off the shelf and gets replaced with some newfangled gizmowhizbangee.

That's weird that they would catch flak. Everyone harps about the lack of quality wilderness shows and when two guys that really know their stuff show up they get their chops busted. Go figure. There are folks in this world you can never please.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

I am sure that DS will be a good spring board for Dave and Cody, I have a feeling we will be seeing more of them on TV.. Together ? I dont know, Probably,,,,,