Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Saws & Axes info.

Blog Entries

Cool What!!!

$200? Now I know how he was able to buy the Humvee! He probably skis in the alps with Ranger Rick! Oh well, it's still cheaper than Bear Grylls' knife!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

LOL @ Sarge
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

And Bears doesn't come with a DVD!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

$200 ??? That's about the dumbest thing I have seen since the Capt. Midnight decoder ring. If anyone I know whipped one of those things out he would be laughed out of the state. If that actually sells he can buy a lodge in the Alps, or maybe he will just use the darn thing to build one.

City Survivalist Proud American's Avatar

Why whats Bear's Knife and what does it cost. Is it like that one blog were that one guy had that titanium 1k knife!
    Last edited by Proud American; 12-31-2007 at 12:04 AM.
    Proud American

Here lies my great advice from my years of experience......

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Well, since you asked...

Quote Originally Posted by Proud American View Post
    Why whats Bear's Knife and what does it cost. Is it like that one blog were that one guy had that titanium 1k knife!
    A bit over $700 American!!! Want one?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Talking Bear's Knife!

Here it is, you can click on "convert" to get the American Dollars.

http://www.bayleyknife.com/bear.htm
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Am I really a terrible person for wanting to see what would happen if that crusty lava stuff he's standing on would give way? (Can you say computer generated? I knew you could).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

you'd be a bad person if you didn't...

[disclaimer: in all seriousness, i wish no harm on any person, even if they are bear grylles]
    Last edited by canid; 12-31-2007 at 03:39 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Yeh, I'm going to pay 200 bucks for a weird kind of knife that is going to lose all those fancy blade markings. Oh, oh, better yet, pay 700 bucks for a knife that is promoted by some faker.

LOL!

Blog Entries

Talking If'n you do....

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    Yeh, I'm going to pay 200 bucks for a weird kind of knife that is going to lose all those fancy blade markings. Oh, oh, better yet, pay 700 bucks for a knife that is promoted by some faker.

LOL!
    I gotta watch I'll sell you; It's a gen-you-wine Rolex...or was that Rol-a dex?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

City Survivalist Proud American's Avatar

That knife dosent even look special It dosent even say its titanium or somthin cool like that its just a regular knife that comes with a print of Bear's signature for 700 I think that the titanium knife was better at least it sounded like it was special
    Last edited by Proud American; 12-31-2007 at 11:47 AM.
    Proud American

Here lies my great advice from my years of experience......

no no: bear grylles personaly chopped down a coast redwood with each one, and hand carved it into a ballista to hunt elk.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

When the show first came out, wasn't he using a Gerber? I remember my wife saying that his folder looked just like mine.

He saw me stripping muscadines in the mountains with my knife and copied me. Not only is he a faker, he's a copy cat.

Smile Saws...good...

Yup, I havta agree with Survivalhike on the Sierra Saw as a real cool little woodsman's tool. Handy dandy, light, small and very efficient. Oh, and cheap (under $10) to boot.
    Have a super one...

larryb

http://larrybass.tripod.com/Surviving.html

Still Surviving, after all these years...

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    I carry the Sawvivor (available from Campmor.com). It's pretty rugged and collapses into a small package. There's also a bone saw blade available for it if you needed it for quartering game.
    http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/p...howcase/?id=24

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226

This has been my go-to saw for years. Very light and durable!!!!

I just ordered a couple of Gerber sports saws. We'll see how they do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I just ordered a couple of Gerber sports saws. We'll see how they do.
    I have the Browning version of that saw. Very nice, wickedly sharp!!! They both have the same style blades, a sorta offset barracuda tooth with very sharp points plus a bone blade. Nice for light duty work.

Let us know how you like it.

I haven't owned one before so I'm curious to see how it holds up. I ordered them last week so should arrive this week. The blade slides back in the handle, which I like and it's pretty light overall. About 3.4 oz. from what I've read.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I haven't owned one before so I'm curious to see how it holds up. I ordered them last week so should arrive this week. The blade slides back in the handle, which I like and it's pretty light overall. About 3.4 oz. from what I've read.
    The Browning version I have is a folding lock-blade. Good for small limbs, 1-2 inches in diameter. Many of the hunters I know like it.