View Poll Results: What underwear do you favor in the field?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cotton Boxers

4 14.29%
  • Polyester (Capilene) Boxers

1 3.57%
  • Cotton Briefs

3 10.71%
  • Cotton Boxer Briefs

7 25.00%
  • Nylon (Underarmor, Buck Naked) Boxer Briefs

6 21.43%
  • Wool Boxer Briefs

1 3.57%
  • Cotton Long Johns

1 3.57%
  • Polyester (Capilene, Odlo) Long Johns

1 3.57%
  • Wool Long Johns

3 10.71%
  • Commando

7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What underwear do you favor in the field, and why?

Ohhhh. I thought you meant you had a pair from them. My bad.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It appears that Rick has not voted. Could it be that his choice is not listed?
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

It sho' could be that OG. Maybe in light of HA's post he is reconsidering his choices.
    I, for one, don't want to know.

Yeah, I wish my choice would have been on there then I would have voted. Union Suit wasn't an option.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, I wish my choice would have been on there then I would have voted. Union Suit wasn't an option.
    My apologies, I suppose I should have specified "long underwear" instead of "long johns" which are specifically the 2-piece type.

Please vote as if I were using "long johns" to refer to all types of long underwear, which was my original intention.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Actually, I was joking. They were being snide about the thong.

i picked cottoon boxer breifs because that's what i end up wearing most of the time in my situation.

but we all know that real men just turn a sheep inside out and put it on like hip waders. that or tie a couple squirrels together into makeshift loincloths.

wool longjohns are great for the cold, but have you priced them lately?
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

These are the ones I wear. I have tops and bottoms although the bottoms are about the only thing I wear. The tops are too hot.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/c...ture=product_1

Actually, I was joking. They were being snide about the thong.
    Aha! You've been out-sarcasmed!

These are the ones I wear. I have tops and bottoms although the bottoms are about the only thing I wear. The tops are too hot.
    Are you talking about the sheep? Or the squirrels?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

I voted Commando because you didn't have a vote choice for thong. Mostly thong or cotton boy shorts.
    Less to rub your legs.If it did start to rub raw or chafe I would just go commando.
    Plus if I'm going to get eaten by a bear.......a girl's got to look good when they find me.
    Last edited by Melissa Montana; 03-27-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Banned

Rick just likes something with a flap in the back......

LMAO!Rick are you a back door kinda guy?
    I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an "escalator temporarily out of order" sign, just "Escalator temporarily stairs... sorry for the convenience. We apologize for the fact that you can still get up there."

Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Montana View Post
    I voted Commando because you didn't have a vote choice for thong. Mostly thong or cotton boy shorts.
    Less to rub your legs.If it did start to rub raw or chafe I would just go commando.
    Plus if I'm going to get eaten by a bear.......a girl's got to look good when they find me.:lol:
    I take it you didn't know that a bear strips the clothes off someone before they eat them.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I take it you didn't know that a bear strips the clothes off someone before they eat them.
    That's not always true.There is exceptions to all rules.You do know i was joking right?

Mitch Hedberg

Banned

My GF says I SHOULD prefer CLEAN ones, regardless of style I choose......

Melissa.... GASP... Nooooooooooooo Rick would be thinking efficeincy........ NO Back door actions allowed..... only thing two men should stick into each other are bullets and knives....PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by OhioGrizzLapp View Post
    My GF says I SHOULD prefer CLEAN ones, regardless of style I choose......

Melissa.... GASP... Nooooooooooooo Rick would be thinking efficeincy........ NO Back door actions allowed..... only thing two men should stick into each other are bullets and knives....PERIOD
    Efficeincy?.......Hmmmmm ROTFLMAO!

Mitch Hedberg

So, now that we have cover preferences for different KINDS of undies........
    How long before a change is in order, how many would you carry, say for 2 weeks.......not counting those "emergency moments", of course.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yes, I prefer the hiTech boxer/briefs but I have been known to be out and about in the woods in a squirrel skin banana hammock!
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So, now that we have cover preferences for different KINDS of undies........
    How long before a change is in order, how many would you carry, say for 2 weeks.......not counting those "emergency moments", of course.
    I like to able to change them every day (I've had that rash before) but the number I carry depends on how far away from others I'm going to be. When I hiked in the Adirondacks I only carried 3. I would wash a dirty pair and my shirt at night and hang them from the center support rope from my tarp shelter. It would usually come very close to dry by morning if I wringed the water out good enough. If It wasnt dry, I would either keep it outside of the pack and let it dry when I hiked or hang around at the site for a few more hours (if they didnt dry, it was probably raining) and let them get dry enough to pack.

I could get by with 2 but I liked the third just in case I got wet and still had a pair on the line.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

You can double your wear time by turning them inside out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel