Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Walking Dead (New Series)

netflix or hulu might be good. there are other sites which index streamed episodes online, but i won't mention them here so not to endorse the piracy of copyright protected video.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Aaaaah. Conundrum. Who would have put a pick in old Jim boys head from the git go? They tossed in a little ethical dilemma last night.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    Is there a place online where you can watch the past episodes?

Just read a couple of posts above mine. Didn't want to because I thought I might get a spoiler.
    Again, legally you can only watch the first episode for free, on AMC's website, or on hulu. Alternatively you can get a season pass on itunes and dowload all the episodes as well as bonus materials for about $15.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

The series is okay, but think the set designers and the writers need to talk to each other more often.

The survivalist group decided it was so important to go back and get a dufflebag of rifles and shotguns in the middle of town when on the outskirts of town was an entire national guard checkpoint with a bunch of 50 cals and smaller machine guns with ammo (the ammo was visible on set, in belts fed into the guns). Who knows how many small arms might be around there.

And of course, the sheriff's prowess with a pistol is pretty unbelievable, but that is standard for hollywood.

I also don't get their desire to camp up on a hilltop, the zombies apparently have problems breaking through doors, why not find a large defensible building or even a barn? Instead you camp where they can just waltz up?

I thought about the bag, too. Why not hit the nearest gun shop or police station? Lot's of alternatives besides going into the heart of Zombieland.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You know the safest place in a zombie attack?

Prison.

If you're ever in danger, go to your nearest prison. If zombies are like this show's flavor and not superstrong/fast like in other shows. Inside a prison is going to be pretty safe.

Alas, not a lot of resources to feed all those inmates... so... a empty closed prison. Lock yourself in your cell at night to sleep, you're good.

Does anyone know when the next episode will air or is that the end of it?
    I know what hunts you.

They didn't go back just for the bag of guns, he had to get his hat. Come on you know how attached we get to our hats, am I right?

Sarky I believe the season is ove,r so no new episodes until Spring I imagine.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Sarky - It looks like they have a 13 episode run in season 2 but it doesn't say when the first show airs. They apparently broke all kinds of records with the show.

""I wish all programming decisions were no brainers like this one," said Sharon Tal Yguado, SVP Scripted Programming for Fox International Channels. "The Walking Dead is a TV masterpiece on so many levels. We want at least 10 seasons, if not more. Kudos to AMC!"

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-2-renewal.php

Rick, its like July when they restart it.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

If only all zombie movies were as intense as this is. I need my zombie fix NOW!
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    If only all zombie movies were as intense as this is. I need my zombie fix NOW!
    Agreed! That was the only show I looked forward to seeing every week. Is it just me of was that the shortest season EVER?
    The key to immortality is not having a life worth living, but living a life worth remembering.
    - St. Augustine

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have.
    - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-C...6355540?ref=nf
    www.etsy.com/shop/KrisAndChrisPlaques
    www.politicsbykrista.blogspot.com

I happened to DVR the Marathon they ran a couple weeks ago. Anyone know how to burn movies from your DVR to DVD or is that a no-no?
    The Pride

that reminds me the new issue has been out for a while.

if your pc has a tv-tuner card (you would know, because you most likely would have had to buy it separate) you can hook it up, capture the video and trans-code it to burn to dvd, but it's slow as all get-out. i forget the name of the software i used to use for transcoding, but there's a bunch out there and the tv tuners are fairly cheap.
    Last edited by canid; 12-16-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I thought about the bag, too. Why not hit the nearest gun shop or police station? Lot's of alternatives besides going into the heart of Zombieland.
    Heh. One difference between the show and the comics: In the comic version, they didn't go back to get the bag of guns, they went back to break into a gun store.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You know the safest place in a zombie attack?

Prison.
    In the comics, at one point they do take shelter in a prison. Don't know if that will eventually happen in the show or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Rick, its like July when they restart it.
    Do you have a source for that? I've been trying to get a solid date on the Season 2 premiere, and the best guesses I've heard is that it won't be back until Halloween of next year. Did you read something that said July?
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

My source for all things TV is my eldest daughter.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.