Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (New Series)

Bah, popcorn zombie movie. Zombieland had to have the lowest death tally of any zombie movie I have ever seen. Offhand I only recall seeing Bill Murray bite it, and he wasn't even killed by zombies. Ridiculous!
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Bah, popcorn zombie movie. Zombieland had to have the lowest death tally of any zombie movie I have ever seen. Offhand I only recall seeing Bill Murray bite it, and he wasn't even killed by zombies. Ridiculous!
    But you have to admit Bill Murray is the man.

Just a reminder that Walking Dead comes on tonight at 10:00 Eastern on AMC. Be there or be squa..zombie.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Watching it right now. I usually don't care for this type of show, but thought I'd give it a try. Seems like I've been watching shows all week about walking dead, flesh eating, mindless zombies, but then I realized the election is Tuesday and they were just political commercials.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

I will catch it at 10:30 my time on the second showing. I hope it is as good as it looks.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Blog Entries

Cool This just in!

Just finished the 1st episode, it's freakin' great! Rick, they even have a tank!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I just saw it and can't wait to see the next episode. It was the first episode and the plot is already thickening.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Very well done and as dark as I like it!
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Now I have to start planning for a zombie hoard and it looks like a tank is pretty much a requirement. This one is gonna be expensive.....Oh, honey. We have some space in the back yard and I was thinking.......
    Hmmm, where have I heard that re-frame before?..........Note, doesn't usually work, but hey, you never know.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah, anytime I say, "I was thinking", is usually met with crossed arms a tilted head and that "don't even start with me" look.

However......On the way home from our flu shots today my wife turned to me and said, "Wasn't that a propane tank laying on the side of the road?" Que the sound of brakes squeeling. It was a Benzomatic tank with fuel. SHE even got out and picked it up. Be still my beating heart. It must have fallen off a truck. I'm reminded almost daily why I married her. I sure wish she would quit tellin' me, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The show was outstanding.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Sheesh, who'd a ever thought this group would like Zombie movies? what are the odds?

Of course it's great, they've got a great cast, producer, director, Graphic novel series, camera work, & a contest where YOU can be in the film! Hey, maybe theyll cast Bear Grylls as a zombie! That guy'll eat anything!

My 2 favorite scenes so far:

#1.) When the Deputy rounds the corner riding the horse on that street in Atlanta and comes face to face with about a zillion zombies that can't believe their luck! A two-for!

#2.) When the deputy pops the zombie-soldier inside the tank with the .44 Magnum & the noise almost deafens him for life...great continuity! Poor Dobbin though! Dang Zombies!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 11-01-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Do you guys know if they are going to put the episodes on youtube? I think that might be the only way I could watch it.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    Do you guys know if they are going to put the episodes on youtube? I think that might be the only way I could watch it.
    Me too RX. It's on the satellite subscription channel over here.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Otaku/ survivalist wannab ravenscar's Avatar

i was displeased with the ending of the first episode, now im in suspense and im sure a higher priority autotune is on then!!
    It bothers me how someone with new shoes can come up to me asking for money.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenscar View Post
    i was displeased with the ending of the first episode, now im in suspense and im sure a higher priority autotune is on then!!
    But isn't that the definition of a proper way to end an episode of a series that wants you to return for the next installment?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

yes, but im sure the power will be out, and considering my panels got fryed i wont have power......unles i can get some batterys soon

i actually just started reading "the zombie survival guide" its actually a pretty good book for someone that doesnt read much, like me. not sure how useful it actually is but it is entertaining.
    "Tada gan iarracht" (nothing without effort)

And Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili
    Spiritus Sancti.
    -Boondock Saints

Well the show just lost some credibility with me. The guy on the roof is able to get his hands on the hacksaw and cuts off his hand instead of the rusty threaded rod that he is handcuffed to??? Your kidding me right??
    I know what hunts you.

i noticed that too. the only explenation i could think of is he left it behing to hold up the "walkers"