Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To stay alive make your self of value to others

Question To stay alive make your self of value to others

If you are of value to others they will help keep you alive that was what I was told onetime .But how do you do that ??

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    If you are of value to others they will help keep you alive that was what I was told onetime .But how do you do that ??
    by keeping your skills up to par, knowledge is a good part of it so you can teach the others

If you have good survival skills and are of use to them, they wont eat you? I dont know? LMAO
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Blog Entries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you put your survival in the hands of others. You give away all your authority and decision making capabilities, you need in yourself to satisfy others in the group, so they like you and keep you in the group.

Not quite my way of thinking.

But hey, to each his own.

In your case Smok! Short skirts, a willing smile, a wink and knowing how to make beer. You do know how to make beer, Right? If you don't? You better look real good in your wifes high heels!

In my case! Knowing how to turn dung into a weapon. I don't need them, they will need me or need to stay out of my way.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

I know how to convert food into fertilizer and if you kill and eat your group members what are you doing with the skins , I would think knowing how to tan skins and turn them into nifty useful items and you could probably get a few laughs with a humerus bone as well.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

I would make myself useful but not because I’d be worried about them keeping me alive. Being in a group would have some benefits but I am the one responsible for keeping me alive.

Default not that I wanna get all nasty a##ed here...

but if I'm with a group of people in a survival situation and I even have an inkling of a notion that they're thinking of making me their next main course or whatever....they better start coming up with reasons why they're of some value to me...
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

heya, wat is it, the playstation 2? "challenge everything".... whichever it was i dunno
    do the best u can and spread ur knowledge to the utmost extent
    Strider
    I take paths untrodden...

Blog Entries

If you have compotent survival skills then you are valued member, me I'm going it alone if the sh*t hits the fan, then when you come around my area you better have skills I need or get the f**k away. Plus what Trax said And here we go on another cannibalism thread again... no stay away!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Default I wasn't particularly thinking of...

cannabalism. If the push comes to the shove, coyotes and ravens gotta eat too.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Yes I do make beer very GOOD BEER One of the skill I'm working is Herbalism , Black smithing ..My basest survival skills are go and I don't see myself staying just in survival mode for all that long ..I Pray ........ I may look good in high heels ..
    Last edited by Smok; 11-15-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Sorry folks. I'm not a "me only" kind of guy. I think there are strengths in numbers and I think others compliment my weak points (not that I have many mind you). Even a SHTF situation requires a team play. Maybe more so. Those of you that have been Rangers, Seals, Recon, SOS, SAS, know what I'm talkin' about. Lady Owl was right on the mark when she said, "I am the one responsible for keeping me alive." But we had better be prepared to help each other as well.

You'll be welcome in my camp and you can share my coffee. I would like to think I would be welcome in yours even in the worst of times.

By the way Dilagaf, dung is weapon already. If you fling it at me I'm gonna move. :O)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Sorry folks. I'm not a "me only" kind of guy. I think there are strengths in numbers and I think others compliment my weak points (not that I have many mind you). Even a SHTF situation requires a team play. Maybe more so. Those of you that have been Rangers, Seals, Recon, SOS, SAS, know what I'm talkin' about. Lady Owl was right on the mark when she said, "I am the one responsible for keeping me alive." But we had better be prepared to help each other as well.

You'll be welcome in my camp and you can share my coffee. I would like to think I would be welcome in yours even in the worst of times.

By the way Dilagaf, dung is weapon already. If you fling it at me I'm gonna move. :O)
    Not only do we share the same name, it looks to me like we think alike!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

What do you expect from a Rick...except miracles and brainiac kind of stuff? By the way Sarge, there is no Western Illinois as your avatar implies. There is Illinois then there is Cook County. Am I right or what?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Wink Well now...

What do you expect from a Rick...except miracles and brainiac kind of stuff? By the way Sarge, there is no Western Illinois as your avatar implies. There is Illinois then there is Cook County. Am I right or what?
    You just might be. I'd love to post a pic on my avatar lie you all do but I don't think I can.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Thumbs up As I see it......

You ain't gonna make it depending on anyone but yourself. Anyone ever been in a bar fight and your so called friends cut out? Well that's a lesson I remember so I would probably go it alone. Paranoid? Maybe but I know my strengths and weaknesses better than anyone.

Ole Coot you might be right. I hope not but you might be. Mankind has always been a social animal. We started out in clans and we're still hanging in there and we still have some social order (I'm not talking politics). Sure, we fight amongst ourselves like most other animals but we also are quick to help one another when the chips are down. Without that we loose the civil in civilization and become little more than scavengers and opportunists. Not one member of my family and not one of my neighbors would turn their back when the chips are down. I've seen it too many times. From tornadoes to floods to just someone out of work. When things are the worst that's when everyone is at their best. I sure wouldn't want that to change. Just my 2 cents....again.

Hey Sarge - Why can't you post an avatar?

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Hey Sarge - Why can't you post an avatar?
    I don't know how.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Hope You're Right.....

I hope you're correct Rick. I have been on my own and had to depend on myself since 1963. I never had any brothers or sisters and never lived closer than about 500 miles to where I grew up. Family is more important than anything, but I just never got close to anyone I could depend on.