Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the Place to Be?

Default Where is the Place to Be?

Beerrunner said in one of his posts that if TSHTF, Florida was not the place to be. Well, where is the place to be? Where is the one place that YOU think would provide the best chances of surviving? Let's make this some non-geographic calamity like an economic crises so everywhere is equal.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I believe it would be in the wilderness least touched by humans....where the waters run clear, the forests flourish with critters and tall timbers and new growth...this is the land that would provide you will all you need to survive, feed yourself by hunting and gathering plants untouched by pesticides. Build your shelters and fuel your fires with the trees towering above you. Of course your survival would greatly depend as well on your basic equipment going in.
    Here you would not need to protect yourself as much from enemies of the human kind when panic, looting, and mob mentality set in.
    Well...its where I would wanna be...
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Lightbulb I would be. . .

In my home in AK. I have everything I need (except a female companion ) if the SHTF. I do have Simuki (my Akita).
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Default thought about this allot

when i was living in arizona there was allot of wilderness but not what i would consider for long term survival too much space not enough water, i would ambush any water holes so no go. i knew ontario was the place to be i slowly made my way north the last seven years to keep scouting locales until we settled on this one a couple of months ago far enough outside of a town to discourage most looters easy to defend good water sourse off the grid good food source and i can still make a good living with only a small inconvienence of a long drive to and from work

Blog Entries

Cool D.o.t.s.!

Depends On The Situation!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

either MN Canadian border or interior Alaska

if i where trying to get my loved ones out of the heavily enhabited areas, my mother's truck and one more would get us into the sierras pretty easily with enough provision to keep us well for several months to start. i would just want to be off road and out of the way of confused, belligerent or desperate people, though as said above, the situation would dictate the need.

i think a non violent economic crisis would drive people away from my area, so sticking arround would possibly leave the situation better than current.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I personaly am looking to be in the Rockies of Montana. My wife and I have found a place 60 acres with a small cabin,very remote. But first I need to get rid of all credits card debt and pay it off. We have most of the supplies and tools , Once the barn is built, we will start getting horses and mules. I figure 3 years.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

This may be way out for some of you guys, but tropical jungles are not a bad place to be in such a situation. For sheer abundance of food, water and medcine its hard to beat. Of course you need to know what you are doing.
    Most people fear the wilderness and those that dont are fearsome themselves. so it will be a test of skills and knowledge and competition between those who chose the jungle. A predator/prey relationship at best.
    Survival of the fitest etc..
    Walk softly upon the earth!

You're probably right, Jay. I guess it comes down to what a person is familiar and comfortable with. I've spent time in swamp, desert and jungle but not enough to be familiar and/or safe in any of those environments. Probably similar to your friend that wants to come to the US. He said he'd have to learn the environment here and I guess that's true. What you don't know can hurt you. Happy New Year by the way.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I'm either in Montana by the Canadian boorder or MN by the Canadian border, Deep forests of Canada, or the interior of Alaska. Food is abundant there too.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

This is running completely contrary to what I thought I would hear. I thought most folks would try to move south because of more favorable winter weather. Instead, most are moving into the border area or Canada. I guess I should start looking for a flag of Kanukistan.

Blog Entries

Default Come to...

Beowulfistan is a much nicer country with more freedoms
    My countries new flag
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Beo; 01-02-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This is running completely contrary to what I thought I would hear. I thought most folks would try to move south because of more favorable winter weather. Instead, most are moving into the border area or Canada. I guess I should start looking for a flag of Kanukistan.
    Rick thats because so much of the general population would stay away from Canada because of the colder climate,all the better for those smart enough to head north as there would be plenty of space,and food .

hunter-gatherer Canadian-guerilla's Avatar

if the s**t hasn't hit the fan by april
    i will probably be heading out to British Columbia
    somewhere around the Kelowna area

beautiful country

the only place in BC i would stay away from
    is the Vancouver metro area

been to Vancouver island twice
    and Kelowna once
    next time i cross into BC
    it will be my home, forever

one down 4 million more to go and ontario is all mine(wrings his hands together feindishly and laughs mwahha)

I have to agree Canadian-G. Anywhere along the inside passage of BC would be nice. That's some beautiful country along there, averages about 70 year round, and no bugs! Let's load up a few cases of Cutthroat, a couple of cases of Timberwolf, throw in a High Country Kolsch and rename it Guerillarickland. All we have to do is plant a flag and we can claim it (works for the Ruskies).

i know this one....the place to be has to be green acres
    rediscovering, and learning things the hard way

sorry dude you lose you did not phrase that in a form of a question

Snort! chuckle. You be bad to da bone.